Musical Theatre Camp Instructor
Dance Instructor for Musical Theater Camp 2020
Part-time, August 10th through August 14th, 2020
The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks a part time children's dance instructor to join our one week Musical Theater Camp for 7 to 13 year olds. In this role, the instructor will work with students to create multiple story driven dance pieces to be presented in the final showcase performance on 8/14. The instructor will be responsible for a one hour long class each afternoon as well as participating in a one hour all-camp rehearsal each afternoon.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working with children ages 7-13.
- Bachelor's degree in dance, plus a strong background in teaching choreography to children.
- Must have a great deal of energy, patience, enthusiasm and creativity.
- Must be extremely comfortable teaching and managing children.
- Must be organized and have a strong dedication to one's work community.
- A serious commitment to working with children is absolutely essential.
If interested and qualified, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and be sure to include “Dance Instructor” in the subject line.
If called in for an interview, please be prepared to discuss a class proposal, class goals, and your teaching philosophy.