Music Video/Hip Hop Teaching Artist - Beverly Arts Center
The BAC is actively seeking a Music Video/Hip Hop Teaching Artist for virtual and in-person classes with Chicago Public Schools and other organizational partners during the 20-21 school year.
Course being taught: Introduction to the history of music videos, themes, tropes, production techniques, fashion, and evolution of music videos. Additionally, a history of hip-hop music via the lens of music videos and an introduction to beat-making, rapping, and song structure in Hip-Hop music. Teaching Artist must be able to initially teach courses virtually on the Google Meet platform with the use of free or low-cost software to teach students.
- Planning lessons for weekly classes that might meet one to five times a week for 10 weeks
- Arriving on time and prepared for class assignments.
- Working within BAC, Chicago Public Schools, and other outside partner policies and procedures
- Teaching hour-long workshops for children in grades 6th-12th
- Being observed in classrooms intermittently by Outreach Manager
- Returning completed contracts and bi-weekly Time Sheets to the department coordinator, meeting all deadlines.
- Attending departmental meetings and paid professional development sessions quarterly
Experience and Education:
- Applicants should be trained in film and music production, who have either studied with a professional organization or at a secondary college or university or have commensurate experience in the field.
- A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience is strongly preferred.
- A High School Diploma is required, and a Bachelor’s or advanced degree is preferred; compensation is commensurate with education level and teaching experience.
- All candidates will be considered primarily on the basis of experience, reliability, accountability and integrity combined with a passion for bringing enriching artistic programs to the community at large.
classroom management skills and an ability to properly communicate with students.
Transparent availability, scheduling flexibility and strong communication skills are
required assets for this position.
As representatives of the Beverly Arts Center, artists are expected to be professional,
prepared and prompt for all contracted classes.
The BAC reserves the right to terminate Teachers from the active roster at any time if these standards are not upheld.
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and three email addresses of references to: email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only emailed applications will be considered.