Music Moves Instructor - Afro-Cuban Dance (PT)
The Old Town School of Folk Music is seeking part-time teaching artists for its Music Moves
Typically 2-3 days per week at various Music Moves community partner sites.
The Music Moves Teaching Artist develops and delivers music and/or dance programming to elementary and high school students, and occasionally adults, primarily at community partner sites.
We are currently looking for instructors specializing in: Afro-Cuban Dance
- Designs and implements a sequenced and developmentally appropriate curriculum to meet the goals and desired outcomes of the program in coordination with the Music Moves Manager.
- Builds relationships with students and community partner staff and administrators.
- Works with the Music Moves Program Manager to communicate the vision and impact of the program for funding purposes.
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with Music Moves community partner organizations.
- Prepares students for end-of-session performance, if applicable.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Successful candidates must be motivated, collaborative, and committed to youth and intergenerational exchanges
- Background in playing and teaching on a specific instrument/dance form
- At least one year of experience teaching in a large classroom setting
- Can easily work in history and social context into instrument/dance instruction
- Working knowledge of Spanish/English preferred
- Experience with administrative/organizational tasks including scheduling, tracking activities and reporting is helpful as well as familiarity with Google Suite.
If interested and qualified, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.