Music Director / Accompanist (July 10-31)
Harand Camp of the Theatre Arts, an established musical theater camp for ages 7-18 located at Carthage College in Kenosha, is seeking a staff-level Music Director/Accompanist to join our team for our 67th Season. We are seeking an experienced music director / educator that is available for our Second Camp Session: July 10-31, 2022.
This is a staff-level position that pays $500-$600 per week, plus full room and board on a college campus (including a private suite with bathroom and 3 meals per day).
Our MD/Accompanists teach vocal music and accompany two musicals during our 3-week second session. They play piano for singing and dance classes, working and teaching collaboratively with our musical theater staff. They also play evening rehearsals and final performances, as well as for camper and staff concerts and other special events as needed.
• Excellent sight reading is a must
• Ability to lead the teaching of vocal music
• Familiarity with popular and musical theater vocal repertoire
• Experience working with young people
• Demonstrated ability to accompany musicals, vocalists and/or ensembles
• Performance or accompaniment samples will be requested
• Advanced training in music or education preferred (or comparable experience)
• Preferably 21+ and out of college with teaching or music directing experience in an educational setting
• Excellent with kids of all ages
• High energy + flexible in a fast-paced environment
• Strong leadership + team-building skills
• Positive attitude, common sense, and sound judgment
• Sincere desire to be a role model for children
TO APPLY, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also complete a general staff application at harandcamp.com/employment.
Salary: ~$500-$600 per week (based on experience and availability!)
Includes full room + board on Carthage College campus in Kenosha, WI (private suite and 3 meals a day valued ~$325/week)
Occasional evenings and Sundays off
Dates: July 10 – July 31, 2022
For more information visit www.harandcamp.com