Seeking Membership Coordinator for Art Collective
Fulton Street Collective is seeking a part-time Membership Coordinator with 1+ years experience in art administration or similar experience in art-related organizations. We are looking for a person with the perspective of an artist who also knows how to get work done, and enjoys collaborating with others to reach a common goal.The person chosen for this role will be a vital part of the management team. He or she will have many operational responsibilities, and will work with the director and the event and media coordinators to envision and develop programs that enhance the value of membership and cultivate our mission. Within these parameters the person will be able to define the job for themselves in a way that matches their own aspirations and career objectives.
Also, we prefer someone who lives within a reasonable distance of our location, 1821 W Hubbard, 60622.
- Keeping studios filled
- Increase the value of membership
- Organize membership programming and events
- Develop/manage a staff of interns to assist
Hours and Schedule
- Expected to average 5 - 10 hours per week; flexible schedule. Much of the work can be done from anywhere, some will be onsite, at 1821 W. Hubbard St., Chicago.
Salary - starts at $800/month.
- One year or more of experience in the area of art administration or similar experience in art-related organizations
- Is a self-starter that is able to manage their day-to-day responsibilities with little or no supervision
- Is an energetic and contributing member of a team whose members are dedicated to the same goals
- Preferably lives within a reasonable distance of 1821 W Hubbard, 60622
Fulton Street Collective (FSC) is dedicated to the development of artists and the artistic community. Through semi-private and shared work and exhibition spaces, diverse programming and performance opportunities, FSC creates an environment that encourages artistic vision and provides access to resources that help artists thrive.
Founded in 2002 by two Chicago singer-songwriters, the Fulton Street Collective grew out of a small rehearsal room in the corner of a print-shop business. Today, it’s members include emerging and established artists and creative professionals, who work in a variety of visual and performing arts.
Fulton Street Collective is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should submit a statement of their interest and a resume including contact phone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org with words “Membership Coordinator” included in the subject line.