WHO WE ARE
SkyART is a permanent fixture in the vibrant cultural landscape of Chicago's South Side. Founded in 2001 with a mission to provide youth with an accessible, safe place to participate in quality visual arts programs at no cost, SkyART continues to fulfill its mission in South and West neighborhoods, reaching young people through a rich variety of programs. Driving its mission, is a deep understanding of the transformative power of art and its capacity to enhance intellectual, emotional, and social development. SkyART is a foundation from which creativity grows and individuals flourish. Participants are invited into a world of imaginative possibilities and connections that go beyond the individual, to positively impact all of the communities where we work and the city as a whole.
WHAT WE DO
Through interdisciplinary, process-based projects, skill-building workshops, and large-scale collaborations, SkyART encourages critical thinking and inspires creative expression for youth ages 7 to 24. Using an artist-in-residence model, Teaching Artists work side by side with students, in an atmosphere of mutual esteem and shared curiosity, through our dynamic and experimental new methodology.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the design and dissemination of organizational collateral, analyzing SEO best practices and website maintenance. The Marketing Specialist works closely with the Development and Programs teams in developing relevant organizational and programmatic marketing collateral.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
● Design and develop organizational and programmatic marketing materials including but not limited to: annual reports, appeals, annual benefit collateral, program recruitment materials etc.
● Manage website design layout and back-end maintenance and including regular updates to events calendar, e-commerce shop and donation page
● Research and execution of Service Engine Optimization and opportunities to advance website visibility including: Google Marketing, Google Ad Grants, Yelp, etc.
● Conduct analysis and produce proposal for development of organizational marketing materials and collateral through a marketing audit
● Ensure consistent and recent documentation of SkyART programs including photographs, videos and testimonials of students and artwork in studio and school programs.
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, advertising or a related field
• Minimum 3 years of Marketing experience
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Excellent project management, follow up, and organization skills
• Firm knowledge of website analytics tools
• Proven experience in identifying a target audience, and creatively devising tactics and strategies for marketing campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate.
• Current knowledge of best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to social media.
- Experience with WordPress
YOUR SKILLS INCLUDE
• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Working independently, as well as collaborating with colleagues, and adapting easily to changing
• Ability to analyze information, read situations, and solve problems.
To apply: Send resume and recent portfolio work to Development@skyart.org