Marketing & Programs Coordinator
Marketing & Programs Coordinator
Location: Remote; occasionally on-site at meetings and public events
Application Deadline: Friday, July 30, 2021 at 6 pm
Pay: $20/hour (average of 20 hours per week)
Equity Statement: See Chicago Dance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the spirit and law of anti-discrimination protections to foster a diverse workforce. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
POSITION DESCRIPTION - The Marketing & Programs Coordinator (MPC) reports to the Marketing & Programs Manager and works to serve the organization’s core mission and programs. The MPC is responsible for curating, posting, and reporting on all content on See Chicago Dance’s robust social media channels. In addition, the MPC assists our Community Engagement Manager with the administrative and on-site logistics associated with producing live performances (3-4 times per year) and community programs, both in-person and virtual, including Community Convenings, Screendance Club, Moving Dialogs, and grant-specific educational opportunities (monthly, sometimes more). This position is best suited for someone with strong social media chops plus experience and interest in supporting and growing their skills in a range of areas critical to the operations of a small non-profit organization: marketing & communications; member services; production assistance; administrative support. See Chicago Dance offers a unique opportunity to work with a small but mighty team of creative, thoughtful people who share a commitment to meaningful and people-centered work.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop voice, rhythm, and content for SCD social media channels (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) that are in line with the tone, intent, and standards of the See Chicago Dance brand.
- Develop regular social media posting schedule; provide reports detailing type and quantity of engagement, as well as co-create an annual audit detailing trends, cumulative numbers, etc.
- Keep up to date on all social-media trends (including but not limited to trends in dance and, more specifically, dance in Chicago.
- Assist Marketing & Programs Manager with website uploads and develop ability to advise community members in how to upload their own images and information.
- Assist in the creation of custom forms and surveys that support public-facing events, and in subsequent data-gathering and analysis, within our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
- Manage logistics (communications with artists and guest speakers, scheduling, contracting, and payment) for public events and community learning opportunities.
- Provide on-site production assistance, including acting as liaison with artists, tech crew, SCD and partner staff, and VIPs.
- Troubleshoot. As with all live-event production, this job will occasionally require confidence, initiative to step in and do what needs to be done, and humility to ask for help.
- Assist with dance floor/marley and other equipment rentals: pick-up and return; inventory; checking items in and out of downtown storage unit.
Administration and Executive Support:
- On occasion, and if schedule allows, assist Executive Director with short-term projects (e.g. notetaking at meetings, technology inventory, ideation for new initiatives, etc.)
- Attend weekly one-hour staff meetings.
- 3+ years of professional social media experience with tangible growth in those channels
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn, take initiative, ask questions, and prioritize relationship-building
- Possess a focused, casual professionalism and a sense of humor
- Fluency in all three of our social media platforms, as well as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with MailChimp and CRM platforms is a plus (We use Neon.)
- Basic skills in graphic design and video editing skills, to support social media posts and promotions of other SCD events, is also a plus
- Familiarity with the Chicago dance field and/or understanding of Chicago arts non-profit ecosystem
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, July 30, 2021 at 5 pm. In your cover letter, please include a brief narrative about your approach to and experience with social media as a community engagement and amplification tool (not just a marketing tool).
See Chicago Dance is the leading service organization for dance in Chicago. Our mission to advocate for and strengthen a diverse range of dance organizations and artists through services and programs that build and engage audiences. We provide dance organizations and individual artists with increased visibility and expansive performance and audience engagement opportunities.
As a community-focused organization, we offer a wide variety of programming and support to dance artists and companies of all sizes, dance styles, and points of view. In addition to our programs, our journalism platform, the most comprehensive source for dance writing and criticism in the city, serves as an essential aspect of our vision to fearlessly inspire an ever-growing inclusive community to share in and spread the power of dance in Chicago. See Chicago Dance strives to provide equitable access to dance experiences for Chicago dancers and audiences that is inclusive and welcoming to everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, geography, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or age.