Marketing Manager, Symphony Center Presents
As a member of the product marketing team, the Marketing Manager, Symphony Center Presents plans and executes strategies that promote Symphony Center Presents (SCP) concerts and events, including SCP Classical (Chamber Music, Orchestras and Piano), SCP Jazz and CSO at the Movies series. The SCP Marketing Manager maintains and executes the single-ticket marketing plan and develops and promotes initiatives to grow and diversify Symphony Center audiences.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop strategies to promote Symphony Center Presents series and concerts, including developing creative concepts, crafting messages and determining target audiences. Promotes diversity, inclusivity, and empowerment with the Marketing department team members.
2. Plan and oversee marketing campaigns to promote individual concert sales, including advertising, email, digital, direct mail and grassroots efforts.
3. Work with the Director of Program Marketing & Operations and media buying agencies to manage media budgets and determine optimal mix of media placements. Oversee production of media assets and deliverables.
4. Manage subscription efforts for SCP Classical, Jazz and CSO at the Movies series.
5. Optimize campaign performance and return-on-investment by implementing testing and offer strategies, and regularly monitoring and reporting on sales trends.
6. Cultivate and oversee marketing support for audience development initiatives intended to grow and diversify Symphony Center audiences.
7. Provide marketing support for cross-departmental collaborations and special projects.
8. Support the development and production of marketing trailers.
9. Manage the marketing budget.
10. Hire, train and supervise a full-time Audience Development Coordinator who supports single-ticket campaigns and audience development initiatives.
11. Proofread marketing materials.
12. Serve as Communications department representative at Symphony Center performances.
13. Special projects as assigned.
1. Reports to Director of Program Marketing & Operations
2. Supervises Audience Development Coordinator
3. Works closely with members of the Marketing, Creative Services, Web Services, Digital Content, Sales & Patron Experience and Artistic teams
4. Other contacts include: CSO departments, advertising agencies, media sources, freelance designers, vendors, and volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
2. Three to five years of marketing experience, preferably in the performing arts or music.
3. Tessitura or similar ticketing/donor database experience required.
4. Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
5. Excellent written and verbal skills. Experience writing compelling sales copy preferred.
6. Solid understanding of direct mail and data management.
7. Understanding and appreciation of music.
8. Experience in desktop publishing, word processing, and spreadsheet applications (MS Office).
Pleasant office environment.