Marketing Manager, Negaunee Music Institute
As a member of the product marketing team, the Marketing Manager, Negaunee Music Institute plans and executes strategies that promote Negaunee Music Institute (NMI) concerts, programs and events, including the Civic Orchestra of Chicago and CSO for Kids: Family Matinees and Once Upon a Symphony. The NMI Marketing Manager will strive to advance the mission of NMI: connecting people and their communities to the extraordinary musical resources of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. They are accountable for meeting revenue and attendance goals and increasing visibility of programs by executing thoughtful marketing and promotional campaigns. The Manager oversees the production of all collateral to promote NMI programs, develops and deploys NMI email campaigns and maintains NMI target lists and constituent data.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop strategies to promote Negaunee Music Institute series, concerts and events, including developing creative concepts, crafting messages and determining target audiences.
2. Plan and execute marketing campaigns for NMI concerts and events, including advertising, email, digital, direct mail, grassroots efforts and promotions.
3. Track and achieve NMI revenue and attendance goals, adjusting plans as needed to achieve success. Optimize campaign performance and return-on-investment.
4. Schedule, design and deploy emails promoting NMI concerts and events, working in conjunction with Digital Engagement Manager to optimize email schedule.
5. Act as project manager for print collateral promoting NMI concerts and programs, including signage, postcards, annual year-in-review catalog, Kidsbook, The Beat, education ticket mailings and Civic audition materials.
6. Maintain NMI content on cso.org.
7. Coordinate digital content needs with the digital marketing team including assets for social media campaigns and video programs on CSOtv.
8. Manage the NMI marketing budget.
9. Manage and maintain NMI target lists and constituent data in Tessitura database.
10. Manage setup of NMI and free events in Tessitura.
11. Act as project manager to support marketing efforts for free community concerts and events, and events targeted to Family audiences.
12. Serve as a primary liaison between the marketing and NMI departments. Attend NMI staff meetings and events to gain expert product knowledge; serve as CSOA brand ambassador at events. Work collaboratively with members of the NMI team and cross-departmentally to ensure proper visibility and understanding of NMI events.
13. Hire, train and supervise department interns as needed.
14. Proofread marketing materials.
15. Serve as Communications department representative at Symphony Center performances.
16. Special projects as assigned.
1. Reports to Director of Program Marketing & Operations
2. Works closely with the Director of Education and Negaunee Music Institute as well as members of the Marketing, Negaunee Music Institute, Sales & Patron Experience, Communications & Public Relations and Development teams.
3. Other contacts include: CSO departments, print/mail vendors, community partners, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
2. Three to five years of marketing experience, preferably in the performing arts or music. Experience with educational or children’s programs preferred.
3. Tessitura or similar ticketing/donor database experience required.
4. Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
5. Excellent written and verbal skills. Experience writing compelling sales copy preferred.
6. Solid understanding of direct mail and data management.
7. Understanding and appreciation of music.
8. Experience in desktop publishing, word processing, and spreadsheet applications (MS Office).
Pleasant office environment.