Marketing Manager- Goodman Theatre
JOB TITLE: Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Advertising
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time
HOURLY RATE: $48,000 - $53,000 annually
LOCATION: 170. N Dearborn St., Chicago, IL 60601 (Hybrid Eligible)
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. The Goodman also frequently serves as a production and program partner with national and international companies and Chicago’s Off-Loop theaters.
We at Goodman Theatre believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which each individual is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. The inclusion of difference(s) such as ability, age, background, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, socio-economic status and all other identities represented across staff, board, artists and audiences help make us better equipped to live these values—on stage and off. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing plans, including budget management for the Owen Theatre and special events, overseeing all marketing research and project managing various initiatives for the Marketing department.
- Create and execute all aspects of marketing plans for Owen Theatre productions and select special events, including managing show budgets, placing media buys, coordinating digital and print assets needed with the Design team and Director of Digital Strategy, as well as monitoring ticket sales.
- Lead all research projects for the department from conception to execution and analysis.
- Manage the Marketing budget alongside the Director of Advertising, assisting with periodic reconciliation.
- Work with the Director of Marketing on project management of the Membership campaign, including planning and placing advertising, pacing, direct mail and more.
- Oversee the transition to Google Analytics V4 while also serving as a primary resource in pulling and analyzing results and date within Google Analytics alongside the digital marketing team.
- Co-manage the Goodman’s Scenemakers Board with the Development department, executing audience development strategies including event and meeting planning
- Optimize single ticket revenue yield and volume for each production, contributing to research projects related to that field.
- Assist with audience development and marketing events on occasional evenings.
- Interview, hire and manage the marketing intern when applicable.
- Create targeted leads for the Director of Outbound Sales and work with the Director of Marketing in maintaining Goodman's Digital Leads system.
- Oversee research, coordination and execution of marketing direct mail lists.
- Oversee broadcast radio and television promotional elements, working with the Marketing Associate.
- Provide general department support as needed
- 5+ years' experience in an arts-related or non-profit organization, preferably theatre, in marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong Oral and Written Communication, Project Management, Attention to Detail, initiative.
- Tessitura experience strongly preferred.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by selecting the "Apply to this job" button at the bottom of the page. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.