Marketing Manager, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
As a member of the product marketing team, the Marketing Manager, Chicago Symphony Orchestra plans and executes strategies that promote Chicago Symphony Orchestra (CSO) concerts and events, including CSO Classical, CSO at Wheaton, CSO Chamber and CSO MusicNOW series. The CSO Marketing Manager maintains and executes the subscription campaign plan and develops initiatives to increase audience engagement, loyalty and retention.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop strategies to promote Chicago Symphony Orchestra series and concerts, including developing creative concepts, crafting messages and determining target audiences. Promotes diversity, inclusivity, and empowerment with the Marketing department team members.
2. Plan and oversee marketing campaigns to promote subscription package sales, including advertising, email, digital, direct mail and telemarketing.
3. Manage subscription efforts for renewals, CSO Classical and Create Your Own series.
4. Oversee subscription rollover process on behalf of marketing.
5. Act as project manager for season launch and season announcements.
6. Develop and manage strategies to increase audience retention and engagement, including new single-ticket buyer campaigns, upgrade campaigns and subscriber loyalty efforts.
7. Optimize campaign performance and return-on-investment by implementing testing and offer strategies, and regularly monitoring and reporting on sales trends.
8. Participate in the development and maintenance of Tessitura data governance standards and ensure updated documentation on department Tessiture processes.
9. Oversee efforts to optimize customer relationship management strategies.
10. Manage relationship with data and segmentation support vendors(s).
11. Manage budget for all subscription and retention activity.
12. Hire, train and supervise a full-time Loyalty Marketing Coordinator who supports subscription campaigns and audience retention initiatives.
13. Proofread marketing materials.
14. Serve as Communications department representative at Symphony Center performances.
15. Special projects as assigned.
1. Reports to Director of Program Marketing & Operations
2. Supervises Loyalty Marketing Coordinator
3. Works closely with members of the Marketing, Creative Services, Web Services, Digital Content, Development, Sales & Patron Experience and Artistic teams.
4. Other contacts include: CSO departments, advertising agencies, media sources, freelance designers, vendors, and volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
2. Three to five years of marketing experience, preferably in the performing arts or music.
3. Tessitura or similar ticketing/donor database experience required.
4. Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
5. Excellent written and verbal skills. Experience writing compelling sales copy preferred.
6. Solid understanding of direct mail and data management.
7. Understanding and appreciation of music.
8. Experience in desktop publishing, word processing, and spreadsheet applications (MS Office).
Pleasant office environment.