WHO WE ARE
SkyART is a permanent fixture in the vibrant cultural landscape of Chicago’s South Side. Founded in 2001 with a mission to provide youth with an accessible, safe place to participate in quality visual arts programs at no cost, SkyART continues to fulfill its mission in South Chicago and surrounding neighborhoods, reaching young people through a rich variety of programs. Driving its mission is a deep understanding of the transformative power of art and its capacity to enhance intellectual, emotional, and social development. SkyART is a foundation from which creativity grows and individuals flourish. Participants are invited into a world of imaginative possibilities and connections that go beyond the individual, to positively impact all the communities where we work and the city as a whole.
WHAT WE DO
Through interdisciplinary, process-based projects, skill-building workshops, and large-scale collaborations, SkyART encourages critical thinking and inspires creative expression for youth ages 7 to 24. Using an artist-in-residence model, Teaching Artists work side by side with students, in an atmosphere of mutual esteem and shared curiosity, through our dynamic and experimental new methodology.
HOW YOU CONTRIBUTE
SkyART is seeking a skilled and experienced Marketing Manager to join its team. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of marketing campaigns to promote institutional support and program participation. The Marketing Manager will work closely with leadership and other departments to ensure marketing capabilities align with organizational mission and programmatic needs. This position will also oversee the marketing budget and refine campaign strategies to maximize ROI. This position may be responsible for planning and executing fundraising events or launches as a port of marketing campaigns.
● Management and Marketing Strategy
● Routinely review and help develop institutional and programmatic marketing strategies, campaigns and collateral to develop continuity and solutions that increase stakeholder buy-in and engagement
● Identify potential new markets and create plans for engagement
● Meet with internal and external stakeholders to determine communications and marketing needs and develop related macro and micro level strategies
● Facilitate collaboration between departments to design and oversee the creation of external and internal marketing materials, content and distribution and maximize messaging of programs across marketing channels
● Design and manage events in concert with the Development and Programs teams, and PR, developing press releases when necessary
● Create and manage an asset library for creative resources; maintain and archive production and raw asset files.
● Organize and coach staff, managing individual and departmental needs and offering support and direction for direct reports to ensure on-time and mission-aligned delivery of projects and tasks
Market Research and Analysis
● Utilize research findings to increase revenue and generate leads to maintain consistent reach, awareness, and opportunities for growth within each market
● Analyze website click-throughs, conversion rates and the effectiveness of promotions to determine what drives engagement
● Analyze existing constituent marketing base to understand trends and constituent preferences
● Analyze the marketing budget and ROI to create a plan to optimize visibility
● Contribute to and execute a strategic marketing and communications plan to raise brand awareness with stakeholder groups
● Support execution of SkyART’s philosophy, mission, and vision throughout the organization
● Support a strong brand voice and identity, including an update of brand guidelines and help ensure that SkyART brand guidelines are upheld in both internal and external projects
● Create and oversee creation of engaging and informative content for the website, blog, social media, and other relevant content marketing channels
● Building sustainable relationships and partnerships with vendors, advertising agencies, and creative artists
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
● Strong attention to detail, with efficiency and accuracy
● Effective communication skills and adaptable communication style for interacting with team members, leadership and constituents
● High level of understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
● Experience with website design and landing page enhancement
● Knowledge of marketing-related business practices, including advertising, market research, technology and methodologies, and budgeting
● Time management and organization skills to plan and execute large and small projects/initiatives
● Ability to think creatively, innovatively and analytical to produce ideas to increase engagement
● Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and be well organized.
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
● 4-year degree required, preferably in Marketing, Advertising or similar-related field
● Three years marketing experience with a minimum of 2 years in coordinating marketing and/or advertising campaigns
● Proficiency with marketing-related software programs
● Demonstrated history of planning successful product launches and events
● Proficiency with various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn
● Interest and knowledge of current events and marketing trends within specific geographic area(s).
WHAT WE OFFER
● Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
● Generous benefit package for eligible employees includes:
Paid time off (PTO) allowance including starting four (4) weeks vacation per year, eleven (11) paid holidays and one (1) additional day off for your birthday
● Employee retirement account with up to 3% matching from employer
● Medical, dental and vision benefits with zero to minimal cost paid by employee
HOW YOU APPLY
Submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and where you learned of the position opening to: HR@skyart.org. Please write your name (Last, First) and “SkyART Marketing Manager” in the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls please. Position begins April 2023.
SkyART is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SkyART does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.