The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Marketing Manager. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat, newly renovated Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 500 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions, a selfproduced Broadway Series of musicals and the self-produced Bold Series for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and
community transformation by:
• making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
• introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive
imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
• and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social
justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Marketing
DIRECT REPORTING – Vice President of Marketing & Communications
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full time exempt; generally 8-9 hour days Monday-Friday;
some weekends and evenings
COMPENSATION – Minimum salary starting at $50K; excellent benefits package including
health, paid time off, and 401k
HIRE DATE – Immediate
POSITION SUMMARYIn coordination with the VP of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Manager will lead strategy and execution for various omni-channel marketing campaigns. This position will work closely with marketing staff, graphic designers, web developers, photographers, videographers, internal clients, and outside contractors.
Understanding our patrons and providing them with a best-in-class experience is of the utmost
importance. How we retain and grow our loyal audience, by engaging and telling our story, is
the driving force for all marketing efforts.
• Strategize and execute on omni-channel marketing campaigns across the acquisition
and retention lifecycle, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging
across all channels
• Gather patron and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase patron
sales/conversions, and generate more qualified leads
• Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and
analysis, and optimize accordingly
• Work in partnership with the creative team, develop creative briefs and guide creative
direction to meet objectives for all marketing and public-facing communications
• Negotiate and liaise with third-party agencies, media, and other outside providers
• Manage and grow the active and continual pursuit of the principles of equity, inclusion
• Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, and display flexibility and
changing priorities bringing projects in on time and on budget
• Position performs other duties of similar nature as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Strong experience in full funnel marketing and media planning including digital, social,
site, direct mail, print, signing, OOH
• Familiarity with creating the customer journey and knowing how best to engage and
message through audience targeting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity
• Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
• Budget-management skills and proficiency
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Patty Stefanski, 8 East Galena Blvd.,
Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment,
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
ACCA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information
to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are
authorized to work, ACCA is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to
resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating the
employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the