Chicago Opera Theater is searching for a highly creative and analytical Marketing Manager to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for all aspects of our marketing operations. Your central goal is to help expand brand awareness of Chicago Opera Theater, with the aim to grow patron loyalty and earned revenue programs. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the external Marketing Consultant and PR Agency. Together, you will develop strategies and campaign plans which you will then execute and analyze.
Your duties will include planning, implementing, and monitoring our marketing campaigns across all channels. Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in email marketing, content creation, and social media management. In addition to being an outstanding communicator, you will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
The Marketing Manager will have opportunity for growth, potentially leading to a Director of Marketing role in the future.
About Chicago Opera Theater
As Chicago’s second-largest opera company, COT has made waves artistically through an authentic dedication to furthering the art form. By commissioning new operas, investing in emerging talent, casting diverse artists, and undertaking bold productions, COT speaks to audiences beyond the traditional opera community. With a return to live performance after the pandemic, there is a huge opportunity for growth in brand recognition, subscriptions and single ticket sales. COT will mark its 50th anniversary in 2023.
- Plan and execute across the full marketing mix, including email, digital advertising, paid and organic social
- Oversee earned revenue and campaign targets and budgets
- Lead on the creation, execution and analysis of content across channels
- Lead and execute COT’s organic social media & community management strategy, driving awareness and engagement
- Lead on strategy and execution of email marketing campaigns and CRM analysis
- Content creation: video production skills, excellent writer, effective interviewer, skilled copyeditor
- Regularly analyze and report on on marketing performance
- Act as community manager across all social media platforms, driving awareness and engagement
- Lead on creative for COT season launches
- Produce print and digital collateral for COT shows and outreach programs
- Work collaboratively towards COT’s audience development goals
- Maintain and update the COT website, and valuate important metrics including traffic, conversion rates, and target audience
- Work with the team to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies
- Work alongside the external PR to coordinate promotional events and activities, including press conferences, promotional tie-ins with companies, audience development, and collaborative engagement efforts with other Chicago-based arts and non-profit organizations
- Work closely with other staff members to manage the patron and audience experience at COT productions and digital events
- 2-3 years of marketing experience, preferably in the arts & culture sector
- Experience creating & developing brand content for omnichannel marketing campaigns
- An in-depth understanding of organic social media platforms
- Understanding of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing and web analytics
- Exceptional writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience measuring brand awareness and ROI of content-driven campaigns
- Creative mindset to seek new opportunities for the company
- Familiar with CRM and box office procedures
- Ability to work with web publishing tools, and learn new ones
- Committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and supporting an institution striving to be anti-racist
- Bachelor’s degree encouraged, but not required
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary range is $45,000 - $50,000 annually plus health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal days; paid family leave; life insurance; flexible & remote work options; 403(b) plan; complimentary tickets; and other benefits. COT encourages a healthy work-life balance and professional growth in its employees. Relocation assistance available for out-of-town candidates. All COT staff are working remotely and will move to a hybrid model in winter/spring 2022. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is full-time salaried, exempt.
Please let us know how you heard about this opportunity along with submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.