Paragon Book Gallery has been the foremost source of books on Asian arts and culture in the West for the last 75 years. Founded in 1942 in Shanghai by Max and Rachel Faerber, the store has moved around the world, with locations in Beijing and most recently at the Zhou B Art Center in Bridgeport, Chicago. Housing thousands of titles on Asian art and history, Paragon continues to expand its range of sources to encompass art from all over the world. Paragon also maintains its own publishing house and book distribution service.
Paragon Book Gallery is looking for a Marketing Intern to assist our Marketing Associate, in order to better promote our store as well as the books we publish and distribute. In this position, the intern will receive valuable hands-on training with an experienced marketing professional as well as insight into the worlds of art and publishing. The ideal candidate should also be interested in working with book publishers and retailers.
- Passion for sales and marketing and a strong desire to learn
- Excellent writer and strong verbal communicator
- Working towards or already have a BA or BFA in Marketing, Communications, or Graphic Design preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suites, and Adobe Suites
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Energetic and self-motivated – must be a proactive team-player
At this time, we can offer our intern school credit with the possibility of future employment. The internship requires a 8 to 12 hour commitment per week, including one weekday and one weekend per week.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the internship.