Marketing Communications and Membership Manager - The Arts Club of Chicago
Marketing Communications and Membership Manager Posted: July 26, 2021
The Arts Club of Chicago is a private club and public venue for exhibitions and programs. Since 1916, The Arts Club of Chicago has been a preeminent exhibitor of international art, a forum for established and emerging artists, and a celebrated venue for performers from around the world. For more than 100 years, The Arts Club has opened its membership to artists and patrons of the arts, and its exhibitions to the public. At its inaugural meeting, the mission of the Club was defined as: "to encourage higher standards of art, maintain galleries for that purpose, and to promote the mutual acquaintance of art lovers and art workers."
The Marketing Communications and Membership Manager will generate and execute all internal and external communications for The Arts Club of Chicago. Their aim will be to help frame and articulate the Club’s mission to encourage public and member engagement. They will draft and circulate promotional and interpretive materials and field inquiries on behalf of The Arts Club. This person will also act as ambassador to the membership and Board of Directors, initiate and facilitate meetings, onboard new members, and work with committees.
Salary Range: $52,000 or commensurate with experience; Full-time, exempt position with Benefits.
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: Executive Director
Communications and Marketing
● Promote public relations, audience development, membership, and marketing initiatives ranging from print to social media. Establish measures of effectiveness and targets consistent with the organization’s mission.
● Draft, edit and produce content for print and digital formats including program booklets, posters, website, and social media, as well as the annual report. Maintain social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, LinkedIn pages, etc.
● Manage audience engagement, member and visitor experience efforts including the production of interpretive materials and signage.
● Coordinate press coverage for the museum’s program, exhibition announcements by writing, editing and distributing press releases and media alerts. Monitor media coverage and maintain press archive. Update press and public mailing lists.
● Maintain internal calendars and circulate information among staff and board members.
● Represent the Arts Club to external partners and networks.
● Manage budget and negotiates relationships with vendors, including graphic designers, photographers, printers, and distribution services.
● Manage the membership application process and onboarding, including working with the Membership Committee to convene and execute committee charters.
● Develop strategies and events with the help of the Reception Committee to integrate new members into the community with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
● Schedule, organize and facilitate meetings, retreats, and other engagements. Work with the Nominating Committee to develop a process to identify and cultivate potential board members.
● Formulate membership surveys, analyze data and develop plans to address findings.
● BA degree, MA preferred with a passion for contemporary art.
● A minimum of 3 years of marketing communications experience.
● Demonstrated proficiency and success with social media across channels to build and engage audiences.
● Excellent writing and editing, organizational, and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy. Highly developed customer service skills.
● Able to work independently, managing a diverse workload, reliably meeting deadlines, and performing well under pressure
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite programs required. Experience using web-based technologies, including content management systems, email marketing, Google Analytics; basic graphic design skills preferred.
● Experience working in a museum or nonprofit organization is helpful.
The Arts Club of Chicago does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please direct a letter of interest and resume to Janine Mileaf, Executive Director and Chief Curator. Application materials will be accepted via email at email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Deadline: Open until filled