The Marketing Associate coordinates the development of various marketing materials, including signage, inserts and assets for digital, media and advertising campaign, and grassroots and promotional efforts. In addition, they support efforts intended to grow and diversify Symphony Center audiences, including supporting the work of CSOA affinity marketing groups.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide marketing support for single-ticket campaigns, including the production of assets to promote individual concerts.
2. Promote diversity, inclusivity and empowerment with the Marketing department team members.
3. Support advertising and media campaign planning and execution by coordinating the production of assets for print, email, radio, TV and Out-of-Home campaigns, fulfillment of media sponsorship agreements, coordinating ticket promotions and ensuring up-to-date listings on promotional sites.
4. Provide marketing support for CSOA affinity groups, including the CSO Latino Alliance and African American Network.
5. Coordinate grassroots partnerships and distribution efforts on behalf of marketing department.
6. Oversee the production of Symphony Center promotional signage, displays, program book ads and inserts, and maintain program insert schedule.
7. Provide event planning and support for Classic Encounter lectures, Tuesday Q&A series, MusicNOW postconcert events and other marketing promotional events as needed.
8. Maintain data for affinity groups, audience development and distribution efforts in Tessitura.
9. Proofread marketing materials
10. Hire, train and supervise department interns.
11. Serve as Communications department representative at Symphony Center concerts
12. Additional projects as assigned.
1. Reports to the Marketing Manager.
2. Works closely with members of the Marketing, Creative Services and Sales & Patron Experience teams.
3. Other contacts include: CSOA departments, CSOA affinity groups and volunteers, advertising agencies, media sources, freelance designers, print, mail and distribution vendors, CSO Musicians.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
2. Experience in marketing, preferably in the performing arts or music.
3. Experience with media or advertising campaigns, production of marketing collateral, event planning and/or audience development desired.
4. Tessitura or similar ticketing/donor databases experience a plus.
5. Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
6. Excellent written and verbal skills. Copywriting experience preferred.
7. Understanding and appreciation of classical music.
8. Experience in desktop publishing, word processing, and spreadsheet applications (MS Office).
Pleasant office environment.