Marketing Assistant (Memberships) | Steppenwolf Theatre Company
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Marketing Assistant (Memberships). The ideal candidate will have a background in marketing and a basic familiarity with subscriptions and membership trends in the arts and culture industry. This role reports to the Marketing Manager and supports the marketing team in the execution of the institution’s membership strategy including, but not limited to direct mail, digital communications, promotions, sales reporting and event planning. This position will also support the general marketing team with single ticket campaigns, ancillary programming promotions and day-to-day departmental administration as needed.
• Support Marketing Manager and creative team in the project management of direct mail campaigns
• Build lists and segments for all targeted member communications
• Create and deploy membership emails for acquisition and renewal campaigns
• Plan and coordinate a year-round multi-channel marketing campaign for RED Card
• Facilitate list trade management and partnership outreach for membership acquisition efforts
• Work with Marketing Manager to implement strategies and communications that increase member engagement and loyalty
• Assist membership team with project timelines and coordinate internal team and external vendor needs to meet deadlines
• Assist Marketing Manager in sales reporting, market research and data collection
Member Event Planning
• Lead the planning and execution of Classic and Black Card member events including season preview, artists talkbacks and a variety of interactive events
• Coordinate all access events in collaboration with development department
Single Ticket Sales and General Support
• Process invoices and keep departmental spending budgets up to date
• Assist web team in the upkeep of steppenwolf.org including copy writing, testing new functionalities and generating ideas for user improvements
• Coordinate email communications for select LookOut series programs
• Assist in the execution of marketing campaigns for main series productions as needed
• Coordinate gift card and holiday campaign communications
• Provide general support to the marketing department as assigned by the Marketing Manager
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Basic familiarity of marketing, fundraising or nonprofit management in the arts and culture industry
• Experience with Tessitura, Wordfly and/or CMS platforms a plus but not required
• Strong project and time management skills
• Interest in theatre or the performing arts
• Steppenwolf gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is the nation’s premier ensemble theater. Steppenwolf produces hundreds of performances and events annually in its three spaces: the 515-seat Downstairs Theatre, the 299-seat Upstairs Theatre and the 80-seat 1700 Theatre. Artistic programming includes a seven-play season; a two-play Steppenwolf for Young Adults season; Visiting Company engagements; and LookOut, a multigenre performances series. Education initiatives include the nationally recognized work of Steppenwolf for Young Adults, which engages 15,000 participants annually from Chicago’s diverse communities; the esteemed School at Steppenwolf; and Professional Leadership Programs. While firmly grounded in the Chicago community, nearly 40 original Steppenwolf productions have enjoyed success both nationally and internationally, including Broadway, Off-Broadway, London, Sydney, Galway and Dublin. Anna D. Shapiro is the Artistic Director and David Schmitz is the Executive Director.
For additional information, visit steppenwolf.org, facebook.com/steppenwolftheatre, twitter.com/steppenwolfthtr and instagram.com/steppenwolfthtr.
Steppenwolf Theatre Company strives to create thrilling, courageous, and provocative art in a thoughtful and inclusive environment. We succeed when we disrupt your routine with experiences that spark curiosity, empathy and joy. We invite you to join our ensemble as we navigate, together, our complex world.
Steppenwolf Core Values:
Equity + Inclusion
Integrity + Curiosity
Courage + Collaboration
Accountability + Leadership
Salary range: $30,000 - $35,000 (non-exempt) with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references by following this link by December 19, 2019.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE.
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Steppenwolf complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.