Under the direct supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Assistant will be responsible for publications, and graphic related assignments, social media and digital media design.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create engaging print and digital promotional pieces for utilization across the District.
- Design large format projects as needed including signage, vehicle wraps, etc.
- Ability to design advertisements for print publication.
- Work with online and local print companies to maximize expenses.
- Provide support to the Social Media Analyst.
- Coordinates numerous projects at once while adhering to project deadlines.
- Fields internal and external questions regarding graphic/printing programs, requirements, and brand identity guidelines.
- Meet quarterly with Leisure Services team to discuss quarterly program initiatives.
- Assist in file preparation for District websites and video display screens.
- Work closely with the Social Media Analyst and Website Admin to assist with content creation for social media and other digital marketing needs.
- Be familiar with the safe operation of any equipment necessary in accomplishing required tasks.
- Provide support to the Public Relations Manager on special projects as assigned.
- Gather content and create newsletters.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three years graphic design experience in print communications.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of Constant Contact or other email service, knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
- Working knowledge of printing terms and processes.
- Working knowledge of Google Office Suite.
- Prior catalogue layout experience.