Marketing and Communications Manager/Director
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is seeking a detail-oriented, data-driven, enthusiastic marketing professional to manage our marketing, advertising, communications, and patron services. Some experience managing and editing Websites desired. Video editing skills are a plus.
Refine and Implement Chicago Philharmonic’s Unique Brand and its Mission
● Develop both short and long-term strategies for the promotion of the brand
● Plan and execute brand campaign across advertising and owned assets
● Proof communications across departments to ensure adherence to brand and style guidelines
2. Plan and Execute Yearly Marketing Plans for Season Launch and Concerts
● Implement marketing plans and tactics for each concert with an emphasis on those with the highest revenue potential
● Carefully plan and maintain campaign budgets and expenses
● Secures all editorial content for publications, edits, and actively manages the editing process as well as collaborating with the graphic designer on the creative direction of campaigns
● Plan, book and execute strategic concert marketing campaign including paid advertising, digital channels, and printed materials
3. Cultivate and Build Relationships with Patrons, Press, and Key Stakeholders
● Prepares and executes email blasts, pre-concert emails, post-concert surveys to inform patrons and gather important feedback used to drive decision-making
● Facilitate social media planning process as the day-to-day management of social media marketing
● Write and send press releases, invitations, requests, pitches
● Serve as staff liaison on the Patron Services Committee and as a public representative of Chicago Philharmonic to external stakeholders
4. Lead Ticket Sales and Front-of-House Efforts
● Research and recommend ticket policies and pricing strategies that fulfill revenue and attendance goals
● Build concerts on ticketing software and complete venue ticket templates.
● Executes single ticket and subscription acquisition and renewal campaigns
● Coordinate concert front-of-house, including box office setup, ticketing troubleshooting, audience crowd-flow, and lobby tables
● Plan and execute subscriber special events and assist on other events
5. Maintain Digital Spaces
● Upload, clean, and maintain patron information in databases with the Development Manager
● Oversee search engine marketing (Google keywords, SEM) and reporting
● Edits layout, design, copy, digital content, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications
6. Other administrative, communications, and design duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities
1. Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant field with a strong background in writing, marketing, and/or communication.
2. At least three years of experience in event or arts marketing, including prior experience in digital and traditional marketing strategies.
3. Outstanding written and verbal communications skills; displays empathy and emotional intelligence when relating to others and is comfortable engaging and interacting with new people.
4. Strong attention to detail and organization skills, comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Ovation, Tessitura, or other ticketing and customer relations management software.
6. Proficiency in marketing tools such as social media, google assets, website editing, and email marketing platforms.
7. Proficiency in Adobe assets (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro) highly regarded.
8. Knowledge and/or interest in learning about orchestral/classical music a plus.
This is a full-time permanent position.
The Chicago Philharmonic is an equal opportunity employer and we provide the same opportunities for hiring, advancement, and benefits to everyone without discriminating due to age, sex or gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or nationality, religion, disability, and medical history.
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and marketing samples to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.