Marketing & Administrative Assistant - Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras
POSITIONChicago Youth Symphony Orchestras (CYSO) announces an immediate opening for a Marketing & Administrative Assistant to work with our Marketing, Development, and Administration teams. This is a temporary position to run October 2020-February 2021.
CYSO’s mission is to inspire and cultivate personal excellence through music. We offer a continuum of programs that serve young musicians 6-18 years old through on-site ensembles, neighborhood
programming, and concerts serving Chicago Public Schools students and the wider Chicagoland community. We serve 650 students in on-site programs and another 8,500 through community programs and online content.
CYSO is investing in the future of music and the next generation of leaders. As an organization, we foster a culture of excellence and professionalism among staff. Our team values compassion, collegiality, diversity, and an on-going desire to continue to learn as individuals and as an organization. The CYSO staff is passionate about music, youth, education, and equity.
The Marketing & Administrative Assistant will have the opportunity to work closely with CYSO’s Director of Marketing, Development Coordinators, and other members of the administrative staff to assist with marketing, social media, events, and other administrative tasks. The position is 20 hours per week with flexibility in scheduling exact days and times. Some evening hours required. The majority of the work will be completed remotely with one day/week in-person work required in our office, with social distancing and health precautions in place.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Creating and editing drafts for blog posts, e-newsletter, and social media posts
- Updating website and creating online events
- Assisting with scheduling and coordination of online events
- Fulfilling and shipping merchandise orders and tracking merchandise inventory
- Outreach and solicitation for in-kind donations used in fundraising events
- Organizing office spaces and archive materials
- Special projects as assigned
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
- 20 hours per week at $15 per hour
- This is a temporary position to run October 2020-February 2021
- Monday-Friday work schedule with some evening hours. Occasional weekend hours may be required. Exact days/times for regular work hours to be mutually agreed upon.
- The majority of the work will be completed remotely. Some weekly in-person activities required in our office with social distancing and health precautions observed.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and organized with a close attention to detail. As much of the work will be done remotely or with limited in-person supervision, an ability to be a self-starter and see tasks through to completion is very important.
- Successful candidates will be customer service oriented and possess excellent people skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a calm, positive attitude and sense of humor is important.
- Familiarity with Google Drive.
- Ideal candidate will have a background in online platforms (Wordpress, Shopify, Buffer, social media platforms). Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud helpful but not mandatory.
- Background in music and working with youth/families helpful but not mandatory.
- Access to a computer and high-speed internet
- Ability to lift 10 lbs
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Abbey Hambright, Director of Marketing
410 S. Michigan Ave, Suite 833
Chicago IL 60605
Email preferred. No phone calls, please. Please list “CYSO Marketing & Administration Assistant” in email subject line.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants will be paper-screened and those exhibiting superior qualifications will be invited to a video interview.
CYSO is an equal opportunity employer.