Lifeline is a 38-year old, non-equity, not-for-profit theater company that specializes in original literary adaptations and arts education programming.
Lifeline Theatre interprets, explores, and reimagines books and other literary works to create stories that move us beyond the margins of our own lives.
A world guided by compassion, empathy, and a willingness to change.
The Managing Director reports to the Board of Directors and works in partnership with the Artistic Director as the Theatre’s executive team. The Managing Director is a leader, responsible for building an effective team internally, and cultivating a committed team to act externally in the community at large. The Managing Director is responsible for generating, directing and supervising day-to-day administrative duties and overseeing financial and facilities management, development, strategic planning and community relations. Lifeline is committed to becoming an anti-racist organization and the Managing Director co-leads this initiative. Lifeline is currently undergoing structural changes that will require the Managing Director to think creatively about our future business model and production schedule. This will require the ability to run financial models to determine how best to achieve our mission while meeting our anti-racism goals.
- Strong professional background in the arts (theatre experience is a plus)
- Administrative and accounting experience required
- Non-profit management, fundraising experience are a plus
- Strong quantitative skills
- Experience with budgeting and financial modeling
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- Ability to joyfully collaborate both artistically and administratively
- High energy, positive, “can do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork and high degree of initiative
- Experience self-managing multiple initiatives and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on quantitative and analytical skills, oral communication and the ability to participate in public speaking
- Excellent written communication
- Computer literacy
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent prior experience.
- $48,000 per year
- Health, Dental and Lifeline Insurance 100% Employer Covered
Application Details: Lifeline will accept applications until July 16th. Please send a letter of interest, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will contact you if we feel there is a potential match with your skills and experience. No phone calls please.
Lifeline Theatre provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.