Passionate about music? Looking for an opportunity to lead in an organization dedicated to enriching the lives of students through music? The Musical Offering (MO), a non-profit community music school in Evanston, IL is seeking a Managing Director (MD) to join our leadership team to manage its operations, help grow the school and further its artistic mission.
- Be the face of the organization, greeting and assisting visitors and students at the front desk (where the MD office is stationed)
- Maintain the class, special programming and concert calendars
- Manage student registration, including logging registrations and sending invoices
- Manage classroom assignments (teachers manage their own class schedules)
- Ensure consistent communication between MO administration and faculty about scheduling, expectations and events, responding promptly to faculty inquiries
- Recruit and manage volunteers, as needed
- Establish protocol and arrange services to make sure facilities are kept clean and in order on a daily basis
- Manage basic bookkeeping to report to financial consultant on a monthly basis, e.g. receiving and logging tuition payments, making deposits to bank, paying for approved expenses, documenting as needed, etc.
- Provide any necessary documentation and support for the annual financial audit
- Marketing and communications with the MO community:
- Write and send email newsletters
- Maintain the MO website, including design and content updates
- Post to social media on behalf of the MO
- Manage mailing lists, phone contacts, thank-yous, etc.
- Work with the Board to develop and host marketing and fundraising campaigns
- Find opportunities to make connections with and promote the MO among community groups, media, government, and local business
- Collaborate with the Artistic Director (AD):
- Work collaboratively with the Artistic Director on planning and operations to further the mission of the MO
- Provide administrative support to the AD and Board in the pursuit of grants
- Work closely with the AD to support special programming and concerts with set-up, supplies and volunteers
- Previous administrative experience required, preferably in an arts organization
- 30 hours per week, with a minimum of 25 hours on-site
- Both weekday and weekend availability preferred (versus just weekdays) as the MO is open seven days a week
- A consistent weekly schedule that will offer predictable access to the MD
- Be on-site to manage 1-2 evening concerts per month (included in 30 hours)
- Attend monthly MO Board meetings and provide a MD report on operations (generally on Sundays – included in 30 hours)
- Start date of August 12.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range $28,000-$32,000, commensurate with experience
- Five weeks paid time off when the school is closed