Manager of Presented Works (Talent Buyer)
Position: Manager of Presented Works (Talent Buyer)
Position Status: Full-time Exempt
Reports to: Artistic Director
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in the heart of downtown Arlington Heights. It houses a 329-seat theater space as well as a full school of performing arts that includes drama, dance, and music lessons.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The position of Manager of Presented Works is responsible for all aspects of programming and securing freelance talent for approximately 100 performances a year. These acts include a varied line-up of bands, comedians, youth touring theatre groups, and other culturally diverse artists and performers. This person will work and collaborate with the production team, including the Production Manager and the Associate Artistic Director. Nights and weekends are required.
● Scouting, booking and contracting talent
● Lead the planning of season programming for Presented Works in collaboration with artistic team
● Responsible for all aspects of advancing shows, which includes confirming and securing all technical needs and requirements.
● Manage, hire and schedule run crew and techs for presented shows as needed.
● Be present for talent load-in on show days
● Developing timelines and schedules to maximize efficiency and minimize staff costs
● Ensure effective financial management including submitting payroll for Presented department, preparing annual budget, and submitting payables for processing.
● Work with Production Manager to oversee the upkeep and maintenance of theater and equipment, as well as ensure a safe work environment
● As a senior staff member, you will be expected to work closely with all departments to ensure the success of each Presented booking, including marketing, audience services, finance, development and education.
● Work with other departments on various projects, such as coordinating master classes for Education with artists and cross-over programming with Education and Production.
● Professional appearance and demeanor is expected at all times in dealing with internal and external collaborators.
Key Skills and Competencies Required:
● Experience in a performance venue preferably across a range of technical departments at a senior level
● Commitment to diversity and inclusion, and equality of opportunity and staff development
● Proven expertise in budgeting and financial control
● Commitment to achieving high standards within limited resources
● Up-to-date knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and practice and/or ability to learn
● Management training and/or experience and team leadership skills
● A flexible approach to working, including the ability to work a variety of day, night and weekend hours
● Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively
● A commitment to the work and mission of our nonprofit performing arts centre
● Experience with developing, negotiating, and executing contracts
● Experience collaborating with senior level management
● Proficiency with computer spreadsheets (Excel), docs (Word), and google suite
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.