By Discovery, LLC is seeking Lead Instructors for our in-person e-learning support program for youth, Grades K-5, for Trimester 1 of the 2020/21 School Year. By Discovery is pleased to be a Community Partner with Oak Park School District 97, to help students successfully navigate their online school day, in person, at Beye and Lincoln Elementary Schools. Preferred candidates will possess a strong background in K-12 education and/or ART. Adherence to all ISBE and D97 Covid-19 safety guidelines is mandatory.
Minimum Qualifications for Lead Instructor:
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Experience and passion working with youth, grades K-5
1. excellent organizational, time management and project skills
2. ability to adapt to the changing needs of a diverse group of young learners
3. energy and enthusiasm to keep students on task & to create a positive learning environment
4. excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
5. ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgment, both as part of a team & independently
6. strong supervisory & collaboration skills
Lead Instructors must:
1. be willing to climb 2 to 3 flights of stairs, repeatedly, during child pick-up each day
2. be CPR/AED/First Aid certified or attend training for CPR/AED/First Aid
3. submit to a background check
SCHEDULE: Trimester 1: August 24 to Nov. 30 with the potential to extend to Trimester 2, if the current model is extended by D97
DAYS: M/T/W/TH/F or M/W/F or T/TH
TIMES: 7:30am to 3:15pm
In addition to helping students successfully navigate their online school day, the Lead Instructor will develop a schedule to provide each student with structure, creative engagement, outdoor play and opportunities to explore personal interests, when their classwork is complete.
The Lead Instructor will train, educate and supervise their Classroom Assistant to follow and promote all safety protocols, especially related to Covid-19. They will work as a team to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the program. Communication with parents via phone, email, or in-person (when necessary) to share student successes, challenges and health concerns is required.
The Lead Instructor is responsible for the supervision and mentorship of the Classroom Assistant. Lead Instructors report to the Program Director and participate in mandatory meetings to reflect, plan and develop best practices.
To learn more about By Discovery, please visit bydiscovery.org
Please email resume and cover letter to Jocelyne Adkins, Program Director: