LEAD Early Education Teacher for Newborn to 3 Years Old
Studio Preschool has opened it's first Chicagoland School (Elmhurst, IL) and are seeking Lead Teachers with a true love of teaching young children!
We are looking for an experienced Early Education Teacher who is excited to work in an INFANT classroom and to move WITH the same students as they progress into their 3rd-year classroom.
*Having an interest/background in the arts is a plus.*
Our ideal candidates will be highly organized, have excellent communication/presentation skills, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment. We are looking for self-starters who are excited to be a part of an entrepreneurial environment.
Lead Teachers MUST:
- Have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in early childhood education or child development; or a Bachelor’s degree in education, development, or a related field.
- Be Pediatric CPR and First Aid certified; or obtain certification upon hire.
- Submit to background checks and other state requirements like fingerprinting.
- Complete a Tuberculosis test, a physical, and provide a physician’s documentation of both.
- Be mentally and physically capable of caring for a classroom of young children; kneeling, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying children up to 70lbs.
- Have a strong work ethic, be punctual, and have minimal absences.
- Be a team player who supports others in the organization while promoting a positive environment.
- Be available for full-time employment with a varying schedule; 40 hours per week that could start as early as 7 am and end as late as 7 pm.
- Have dependable transportation.
Basic Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each child: emotional, social, physical, AND educational needs.
- Assist children with activities of daily life; feeding, diapering, restroom use, hand washing (more so than ever!), etc.
- Implement art-based curriculum/lesson planning according to the standards of Studio Preschool guidelines.
- Provide excellent customer service to parents through rapport and promote professionalism at all times.
- Create and maintain an environment that is clean, organized, and safe for all children.
- Train assistant teachers/aides in the classroom and direct them as to what duties need to be accomplished throughout the day.
- Conduct child assessments and parent-teacher conferences.
- Attend occasional community engagement events that may be on nights and weekends.
- Prepare monthly newsletters to families.
- Create daily reports to parents and team about the daily activities of the children including; eating, sleeping, diaper changing, behavioral issues, etc.
- Attend mandatory training sessions that may be on nights and weekends.
To Apply, please send a Resume and Cover Letter! Only those applications with a Cover Letter will be considered.
Pay: $35,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
To keep our teachers and staff safe, PPE is mandatory and provided by Studio Preschool, classrooms have limited sizes, temperature checks are conducted daily (for adults and children), hand washing and other cleaning procedures are also mandated.