AllKinds is a multi-disciplinary design and fabrication studio that uses all kinds of materials to create custom art installations. With commissions from corporations, organizations, art consultants, branding agencies and architecture firms, we tailor-make each artwork to fit large-scale spaces for brands, interiors, events, and movements. Our dedicated team of designers, artists, and fabricators mix materials, technologies, and techniques to create art and objects that are innovative, meaningful, beautiful, and on-brand. We thrive in our collaborative approach, welcoming new ideas and getting excited about the “what ifs”. Our combined skill sets and handmade approach enables us to produce anything we can conceive, including even the most complex or technical concepts. With every project, our shared goal is to create a meaningful environment that tells a story in an elevated, authentic, and impactful way. And nothing makes us happier than creating that story utilizing materials that were once meant for the landfill and giving them new life. At the completion of our projects, we make every effort to repurpose, recycle, or donate leftover materials to ensure they are given the longest, most meaningful lives possible.
You want to be a part of an awesome and collaborative team and support them with your design skills. Doing elevations in Cad is no problem, putting together decks in InDesign is easy for you, Illustrator is a breeze and Sketchup is fun. You take direction with ease because you want to learn. You support your design lead with being a good listener, asking clarifying questions and taking notes. You support the fabrication team with accurate drawings that you really think through. You are extremely organized, detailed and good at balancing multiple tasks at once.
Every project through our door is unique, so our team is adaptable, flexible, and enjoys the challenge of a big learning curve - whether it’s new designs, new materials, new skills, or new methods, we LOVE figuring it out! You must get on board to create amazing projects that seem impossible.
Below are our company’s six Core Values. If you feel like these speak to you, please keep on reading.
Open-Minded: We push ourselves to learn new techniques and acquire new skills to enhance and evolve our work. With every project, we welcome all ideas and encourage new ways of thinking from our team and clients. There are no limits to what we can produce.
Collaborative: We are accessible, a resource, and a true partner to our clients, giving them personalized attention and brainstorming with them to find the best possible solution. We view every project as an opportunity to do something amazing together.
Supportive: We are a team who encourages each other and works together in a positive, collaborative environment. We listen, problem solve, discuss, and create together without ego. We learn, teach, and share new skills with each other to make the team better as a whole.
Driven: We are passionate about creating and sharing meaningful, beautiful art with the world. We work hard to create unique, memorable, and innovative art installations that make a lasting impression.
Professional: We present ourselves and our work with confidence and clarity. We earn respect and trust by setting clear expectations and sticking to the boundaries we set with kindness and conviction.
Conscious: We reuse, repurpose, recycle, and donate with every project, as much as we can. We thoughtfully plan a project from the start to minimize environmental impact and maximize our social impact.
Junior Designer Requirements / Qualifications:
- Cad proficiency to develop shop drawings and installation templates
- Excellent time management to keep your design hours within budget
- Able to take creative feedback / critiques and implement the changes into your work
- Under the direction of your design lead, reach out to vendors, clients and fabrication team when they are busy or need help
- Creative problem solving skills
- Knowledge of building and making dimensional art
- Able to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Calm under pressure
- Extremely organized, detail-focused, and excellent time management skills
- Superb people skills and communication
- Team player
- Able to identify your own mistakes and seek improvement
- Proficient using Excel/Word, Google Drive, Gmail, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, Autocad and 3d rendering programs
- Able (or willing to learn) to set up print ready files- Experience with Asana a plus
- Resourceful and knowledgeable on various art forms
- Collaborative and enjoy learning from (and teaching) others
- Eager to incorporate new skills into the design work (CNC machine, laser cutter, metal working, wood working, etc.)
- Must have a valid driver's license and be comfortable driving vans/box trucks (access to a car is preferred, but not required)
- Able to stand on a ladder for long periods of time
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Open to constructive feedback
- Organized and tidy
This is an on-site job in a working studio where fabrication of large-scale artworks happen. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and open working studio environment. You will be around people who are building and making things. It's awesome (and noisy, dusty, and smelly at times... but it’s the sounds, feeling, and smell of creativity hard at work!).
*During this time of Covid19 this is a remote position to start and will transition to being in the studio shortly.
Compensation and hours:
Compensation starting at $16/hour with 8 - 16 anticipated hours per week to start. We are a growing company and the current position is intended for greater responsibility as we continue to grow.
Our studio hours are 9am - 5:30pm M-F.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply with ‘Junior Designer - your name’ in the subject line.
- a cover letter that explains why you feel you are a good fit and why our Core Values resonate with you. If you do not have all of the necessary qualifications, please also include how you plan to fill the knowledge gap
- your resume
- 2 professional references
- 1 character reference
We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.