Lookingglass Theatre Company
Full Time / Exempt Position
Some weekend and evening hours
Lookingglass Theatre Company in Chicago seeks a full time IT Manager. This position plays a pivotal role in maintaining and improving software and hardware at three locations – the theatre, the shop and the primary location the administrative office. As a member of the business office, the IT Manager reports to the General Manager; and works closely with the Business Office Coordinator as well as all other staff and departments. Although the primary focus of the position is with regard to all information technology, there are duties of general office support some of which are shared with several other staff.
Lookingglass Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
genetics, or status as an individual with a disability. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Lookingglass is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit charitable organization which produces an average of four productions per year in our intimate 200-seat theater in the historic Water Works on Michigan Avenue. The company produces two large annual galas, and the Education Department works with hundreds of students in classes, summer camps and in-school residencies year-round. The IT Manager works collaboratively with each staff member at Lookingglass Theatre Company to achieve the goals set forth by company leadership and to serve the mission of the theatre.
The IT Manager is responsible for on-site administration and monitoring of the communication and general office systems and procedures at Lookingglass, as well as day to day catch-all tasks as needed by the company and staff. This includes:
- managing internal and external computer networking throughout 3 business locations
- day-to-day interaction with Microsoft 2012, 2008, and Terminal Server and in conjunction with an outside consulting firm and CRM (Total Info) support provider
- cyber security and desktop maintenance in conjunction with outside consulting firm
- working with the General Manager to routinely assess staff needs and changing roles in relation to company equipment and software
- Some shared general office tasks and duties as assigned.
The position requires knowledge, familiarity with and/or an aptitude for a variety of computer software applications such as:
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8-8.1, Windows 10, OSX, Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2015, and 2011 for Mac,
- Easy-Ware's Total Info
- Adobe Photoshop & Acrobat
- Remote Desktop Connections
- Office 365
- Knowledge of CAD and/or Vectorworks a plus
- Experience with VoIP/PBX software/hardware preferred, knowledge of 3CX PBX a plus.
- Regulary positions self to maintain computers at all locations, including under the desks and in the server room.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of computer and general technology repair, copier troubleshooting and simple repair, knowledge of new technology developments, and the ability to research and purchase new equipment. The IT Manager works closely with all technology, communications and general service and supply vendors that support company infrastructure.
In addition he/she will be able to asses and prioritize tasks and work autonomously, be flexible, patient and keep a sense of humor and perspective. Equally important is the ability to work in an open concept style office and having effective written and oral communication skills. Experience or interest in theatre or not for profit industry preferred. Position is full time salaried with benefits which includes a competitive benefits package.
Lookingglass is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is commensurate with experience and comparable not for profit positions.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Michele Anderson, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IT Manager Search”. No phone calls, please. Position is full-time salaried with competitive benefit and time off package.