INTERIOR DESIGN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Boutique Chicago Based Interior Design Firm seeks Design Assistant to perform elementary interiors assignments and works from designs of others. Responsible for management and execution of multiple simultaneous design and administrative tasks. As our company grows, we are seeking to add a strong organized professional with the ability to work in a team environment keeping pace with our brand, and grow with us.
Design Support – Pre and During Project
- Correspond with lead designers and project managers regarding design projects, including scope, vision and approved vision implementation plan, team responsibilities, budget, schedule and design management.
- Prepare for client meetings and attend when requested.
- Conduct research for design inspiration for project start up; shop fabrics, wall coverings, lighting, furniture, tile & stone, appliances, plumbing fixtures, carpet, rugs, accessories.
- Create inventories of existing client furniture, art, etc.; oversee initial preparation and ongoing updating of client binders.
- Create/oversee site measuring and photographing, along with the creation of schematic space plans, furniture plan concepts, interior elevations, client presentation materials.
- Oversee translation of design specs into proposals and approved proposals into purchase orders.
Design Project Management and Support
- Maintain project budget integrity through oversight and tracking of project financials.
- Schedule client and contractor meetings, site visits for installations, project status check ins, delivery and pick-up arrangements, coordination of overlap between interior design and site construction requirements.
- Create and oversee project schedules FFE, Plumbing, Lighting, Etc. including daily updates of project tracking grids, punch lists, task prioritization, time management.
- Prepare for and oversee project installations; manage warehouse inventory; conduct workroom visits; track/manage vendor shipments.
Design Project Communication – Pre, During and Post-Project
- Manage vendor correspondence, including proposals, quotes, ongoing follow-up
- Manage client correspondence and communication, including proposals, ongoing updates, timely response to questions, project trouble shooting
- Communicate ongoing project updates to firm owner and managing director, including project flow, current/future needs, immediate and near deadlines, etc
- Oversee library maintenance and updating, Source and engage new vendors.
- Updating, Maintaining, and Organizing Digital Files
- Support Marketing and Business Development Department
- Participate in weekly meeting
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Proactive, self-starter with confidence to take own initiative
- Capable of working independently
- Excellent communication and problem-solving initiative skills
- Proactive problem-solver and analytical thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign, Sketchup, Quickbooks, Studio Designer, Google, Ivy, Asana
- Accredited degree in design discipline and a demonstrated knowledge of technical, design and construction techniques
- Related experience in high end residential design, ideally 3 years
- Enthusiastic learner, eager to join a growing company with startup feel
- Professional and courteous
- Exercise good judgment and discreet
We are looking to start someone on an as needed basis. Estimated 15-30 hrs week. Potential growth to full time position.