Instructor - Ceramics Studio
Our Ceramics Instructors lead students toward creative discovery through clay. Instructors teach weekly classes, one-time workshops, and private/semi-private lessons throughout the week. This position will begin as part-time with potential for full-time after a review session.
All of our team - Instructors, Studio Associates, and Managers - complete necessary studio tasks throughout the week. In addition to teaching, tasks may include loading/firing kilns, unloading/processing completed kilns, mixing glazes, preparing stock materials, and general studio maintenance. Ceramics Instructors are expected to maintain excellent customer service and professionalism at all times with our students and customers.
We are looking for someone who most closely resembles the description below...
- Proficient in ceramic techniques: wheelthrowing, handbuilding, glazing, surface decoration, kiln loading, etc.
- Experience and interest teaching various ages and skill levels; kids, teens, and/or adults
- Enjoys being apart of a community setting
- Organized and great at completing tasks in a timely manner
- Willing to get your hands and clothes dirty
- Comfortable standing for 4+ hours at a time
- Can lift at least 50 lbs
- Availability to work a combination of weekends and/or weeknights
If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and 3+ images of your ceramic work to email@example.com.