Individual Giving Manager
Merit School of Music | Chicago, Illinois
Full-time Position Announcement:
Individual Giving Manager
Merit School of Music is seeking a full-time Individual Giving Manager to build upon and continue to grow our base of individual donors. The ideal candidate will be a creative, organized and dynamic development professional with an entrepreneurial spirit. Passion for music and diversity, equity, and inclusion is a must!
Merit School of Music is dedicated to helping young people transform their lives by removing barriers to a high-quality music education, with nearly 70 percent of students benefitting from need-based financial aid and low-cost instrument rental. Merit enables motivated students, regardless of economic circumstance, to develop their talent and to use music as a springboard for achieving their full personal potential, with virtually 100 percent of our conservatory graduates going on to college or university.
Learn more about Merit at www.meritmusic.org.
The Individual Giving Manager reports to the VP for Development and Marketing.
Responsibilities of the Individual Giving Manager include, but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
• 3+ years of relevant professional experience with track record of fundraising success
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with ability to convey passion for Merit’s mission and make the case for support
• Experience with development database software and operations at a not-for-profit organization is essential. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is strongly preferred.
• Ability to take initiative, be flexible and work well independently and with a team
Demonstrated experience with organizing and developing successful, cost-effective special events
• Flexible schedule to attend evening and weekend events/concerts as necessary
• High School/GED
• Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience
Flexible M-F schedule, approximately 40 hours/week. Some evenings required for events.
Commensurate with experience with full health, dental, and retirement benefits included.
Interested candidates should send resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls or faxes please.
For more information about Merit School of Music, please visit www.meritmusic.org.
Merit School of Music is committed to enhancing the diversity of our musical community, recognizing that by providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning environment for our students, we are preparing them for personal and professional success in an increasingly multicultural and global society. The Merit community recognizes that it has a responsibility for creating and sustaining a learning and working environment where difference is valued, and where equity and inclusion are practiced.