Improv Comedy Camp Instructors
The Improv Playhouse is seeking Improv Comedy Camp Counselors/Instructors for Summer 2020! We offer performing arts camps in the Libertyville area for ages 8-18.
We are seeking dynamic, high-energy instructors who are passionate about inspiring students and having fun! This is a paid position, commensurate with experience. Teaching or camp counselor experience is preferred. Improv Camp creates a sense of play though theatre games that build up each camper’s spontaneity, self-concept, poise, stage presence, outward focus and commitment to their comedy-performance team. Counselors will assist in the development of original comedy sketches to be presented at a final showcase.
- SESSION ONE: 6/15-6/26
- SESSION TWO: 6/29 - 7/10
- SESSION THREE: 7/13 -7/24
- SESSION FOUR: 7/27 - 8/7
Qualifications must include:
- Be College age or older or High School graduate or equivalent and have completed the IP’s CIT program.
- Experience performing or teaching Improv
- Experience working with youth in a camp or classroom setting
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
Applicants should be able to:
- Must participate in staff orientation and training.
- Assist in Transporting Campers to/from our Before and After Care Program
- Address stressful situations with campers and parents.
- Adapt to an extremely active environment and be on feet for most of the day
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Set a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sportsmanship, and dress.
- Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
- Maintain good public relations with campers’ parents.
- Inform the directors of any camper, parent, and / or staff problems.
Please submit headshot, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org