House Rigger- Goodman Theatre
JOB TITLE: House Rigger - Carpenter
REPORTS TO: Production Manager/ Technical Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-exempt
START DATE: 3/21/23
HOURLY RATE: Full-time union under the Goodman's collective bargaining agreement with I.A.T.S.E. Local 2
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. As a cultural and community organization, Goodman Theatre is committed to using the art of theater for a better Chicago. Using the tools of the theatrical profession, the Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs aim to develop generations of citizens who understand the cultures and stories of diverse voices.
We at Goodman Theatre are storytellers who believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which each individual is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. The inclusion of difference(s) such as ability, age, background, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status and all other identities represented across staff, board, artists and audiences help make us better equipped to live these values—on stage and off. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
The Goodman Theatre seeks a House Rigger - Carpenter to be an essential member of our Run Staff for the 8-show season, our annual production of A Christmas Carol, the New Stages Festival, and special events.
- Participate in all Albert Theatre load-ins and load-outs with Technical Director and Scene Shop Staff as needed.
- Install and maintain scenery, rigging, stage equipment, fly rail, and carpentry repairs in collaboration with the House Carpenter
- Work with Stage Management, Production Staff, Directors, Actors and other Run Crew members during technical rehearsals, understudy rehearsals, and performances to accomplish the goals of the show.
- In collaboration with the House Carpenter and other run crew, run fly rail and other aspects of show
- Actively assist in the organizing, cleaning, and maintaining backstage work areas, rigging room and theatre storage areas
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least two years professional run crew experience.
- ETCP Theatre Rigging Certification.
- Strong knowledge of backstage theatrical practices required.
- Must be collaborative, punctual, detail oriented, well organized and maintain a positive attitude.
- Able to work under pressure and respond efficiently to frequent priority changes.
- Ability to repeatedly lift, push, or maneuver up to 50 lbs. either alone or with assistance.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity, and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
This is a full-time, Union hourly position under a CBA with IATSE Local 2 with a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, paid vacation, sick leave, and 401k.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination including booster. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire. The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
HOW TO APPLY:
Follow this link: https://goodmantheatre.ourhcm....