Chicago Opera Theater is seeking 2 House Managers for their upcoming opera, Becoming Santa Claus. House Managers are primarily responsible for ensuring that COT patrons have a positive experience at the theater.
Location: Studebaker Theater, 410 S Michigan Ave
- Saturday, December 11th @ 5:30pm
- Friday, December 17th @ 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 19th @ 1pm
- Optional Dress rehearsal: Wednesday, December 8 @ 6pm
- Promote a positive and safe atmosphere for COT patrons
- Assist patrons to their seats as needed
- Manage the volunteer Saints ushers
- Field patron questions and concerns about COT and the Studebaker Theater (primarily restroom, exit, and elevator locations).
- Assist with medical or emergency situations
- Ensure cleanliness of lobby, theater, and restrooms.
- Ensure guests follow COT’s mask protocols (to be worn at all times).
- Alert supervisor of any issues
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Helpful, positive demeanor
- House management experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated customer service or guest relation skills
- Ability to work with crowds
- Able to stand, walk, descend and ascend stairs for the duration of the shift.
Proof of vaccination and masks are required.
Chicago Opera Theater is an equal-opportunity employer, and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As such, COT encourages applicants of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, and ages to submit for auditions and open positions.
Send a resume and brief introduction to Adam Lord, email@example.com.
All candidates will be considered for future House Management opportunities with COT. Pay is $18/hr.