Guest Services Associate -- Part Time
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
The Guest Services Associate is an integral part of the Goodman Theatre’s front-of-house department. This position is responsible for operating the information desk located in the Goodman lobby with a focus on providing customer service to all patrons and visitors. The Guest Services Associate greets and pro-actively anticipates the needs of guests so solutions can be offered. This is a part-time position with regular evening and weekend hours.
- Greet and welcome all guests
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging customer service
- Identify and anticipate guests’ needs
- Offer assistance to all patrons with disabilities
- Answer guest inquiries about services, facilities and box office
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages
- Follow all security and safety policies and procedures
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed
- Complete the opening & closing procedures of the facility
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- 2 – 3 years of guest related experience in a high-volume setting. Hospitality experience a plus
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal and communication skills
- Must have an exceptional understanding of cultural happenings of Chicago
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to be in stationary position throughout an entire shift; during performances maneuver to greet guests
- Capable of moving deliveries of up to 50 lbs
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No emails or calls please.