Who We Are...
Founded in 1911, Blick Art Materials is in its third generation of family ownership, and is the largest and oldest provider of art supplies in the United States.
At Blick Art Materials, our family owners and dedicated staff support the Visual Art Community by providing the widest selection of art supplies at the lowest prices. With extraordinary service and integrity, we strive to provide artists, educators, students, and our employees with the tools, assistance, and training they need to grow, innovate, and reach their creative potential.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the production of web and print direct-to-customer marketing and merchandising collateral. This position is responsible for creating marketing materials in a fast pace environment and executing effectively and accurately to generate increased awareness for Blick Art Materials.
- Conceptualize and execute from briefs, creative for email campaigns, digital and print marketing/advertising campaigns, motion, and still content for the email and social platforms composed of combinations of photography and graphics
- Possess strong ability to move quickly between various projects and maintain a high quality of production.
- Effectively stage and communicate image needs to a photographer.
- Uphold brand identity characteristics; typography, photography, and layout by adhering to set standards.
- Follow the processes and workflows between departments to get projects completed on time. Maintain knowledge of current standards & formats to consistently convey the company’s image and uphold current company brand standards and positioning within the marketplace
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout making appropriate changes.
Proficiencies and Skills
- Mac OS Platform experience, expert knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Must have Web and Print production experience with an emphasis on page layout.
- Knowledge and experience with HTML and CSS a plus
- Knowledge and high degree of skill in design principles and the ability to use those skills effectively in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, schedules and deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external staff
- Knowledge of traditional/non-traditional art materials — their forms and uses a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Art-related field required.
- 2-4 years previous work experience in design field, preferably in marketing or communications industry
- Ability to provide portfolio of design work demonstrating skills outlined above
- Interest in or knowledge of the arts, art education, or art materials a plus
How to Apply
Follow the link below to submit an online application or e-mail your resume and a link to your website/online portfolio to Amanda Albrent at firstname.lastname@example.org