TITLE: Grant Writer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Grant Writer supports the fundraising goal of the foundation/government division of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association’s (CSOA) Development Office through a combination of writing, project management, and administrative duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write grant proposals and final reports, in support of both annual and special project funding campaigns.
- Gather information from other CSOA departments for inclusion in proposals/reports.
- Liaise with foundation/government staff as needed for information gathering and proposal/report compilation and submission.
- Compose donor stewardship letters and reports.
- Provide foundation/government prospect research.
- Other duties as assigned, including administrative and management support for the foundation/government grants division.
- Manage a small portfolio of individuals as assigned in consultation with Development Office leadership.
- Reports to the Director of Foundation and Government Relations.
- Other contacts: staff, donors, and, on a limited basis, volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree; desired major is English or Journalism.
- Two-three years of writing experience; previous grant experience preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments to support preparation and implementation of grant proposals.
- Able to meet multiple deadlines with accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage complex processes.
- Able to represent the CSOA in a professional manner both on the phone and in person with donors and patrons.
- Strong computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and donor databases.
- Familiarity with budgets.
Pleasant, collegial office environment.
Time split between individual and collaborative work.
Some travel to off-site program locations and night and/or weekends required.
To apply for full-time, part-time or seasonal positions with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association:
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary history (PDF or Word attachments only) to email@example.com.
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
Human Resources Department
220 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60604
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to 312-294-3838.
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association is an Equal Opportunity employer which values and encourages a diverse workforce.