WHAT WE DO
West Supply produces hand-crafted, heirloom-quality products for leading design, furniture, lighting,
architectural and fine art clientele. Primarily working in cast metal and glass, our ability to develop and
produce exclusive products is recognized as the highest standard of quality and professionalism in the
industry. Utilizing our abilities in patina, casting methods, combinations of material, and custom
assembly expertise, West Supply’s sister company, Refractory, was founded in 2021.
This an entry level position in our Glassworks studio. The position calls for flexibility and focus in a
production environment. This position requires on-the-job training and a 6 month review period.
Experience in glassworking processes is preferred but not required: kiln-casting, ladling hot glass,
sheet fusing, coldworking, glued assembly and sandblasting.
After 13 years in business, West Supply is positioned to enter a very exciting new chapter, and we are
looking for strong talent and great energy to add to our team. We are seeking a candidate that shows
initiative, a willingness to learn, and aspires to grow with the department as we take on new and more
technically challenging projects.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
● Experience working in a production environment preferable, knowledge of a variety of
glassworking techniques required. Some experience in; mold-making, glassblowing, coldworking,
kiln-forming, and glass studio ‘best practices’ of safety and cleanliness.
● Work from technical drawings and within specific tolerances (Inspect, weigh, and measure
products to verify conformance to specifications)
● Hot/ladle casting experience preferred. Confidence operating propane torches, loading into kilns
and handling of graphite molds.
● Moderate glass blowing skill/experience preferable (+2 years)
● Knowledge of basic operation and maintenance of electric kilns, furnaces and other
● Experienced coldworking skill-set preferred. Proficient with water-fed angle grinding, drill-press
use, lapidary techniques,and achieving polish on glass products.
● Experience with gluing technologies and lamination in glass fabrication preferred.
● Diligence and precision, able to self-start and multi-task efficiently.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS
● Spend time bending or twisting the body, making repetitive motions.
● Spend time bending, crouching, climbing, stooping, lifting and standing for extended periods of
time throughout the day.
● Must be able to safely lift and carry 50-75 lbs as needed.
● Push/pull/handle up to 100 lbs.
● Sounds, noise levels can be distracting or uncomfortable
● Exposure to extremely hot, humid, or cold temperatures in the production environment
● Proper PPE provided
● Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
● Life Insurance
● Short-term Disability Insurance
● 401k with 3% Safe Harbor Employer Match
● Paid Time Off
● Working with a family of motivated artisans and world class designers, clients, and artists
within a strong culture of support and pride in work and in one another
● Opportunities for advancement
● Competitive and commensurate with experience
● Monday - Friday
● 8:00am - 5:00pm
● 40hrs / week with occasional overtime