The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of Shattered Globe, including developing, refining, and implementing operational systems, serving on committees, managing patron data, and forwarding the mission of the theater.
The General Manager will work closely with the Producing Artistic Director, Associate Artistic Director, Marketing Director, Bookkeeper, Grant Writer, and SGT’s Board and Staff.
Some of the tasks handled by the General Manager will include:
- Collaborate with Staff & Ensemble to organize yearly calendar for season, committee, and Ensemble meetings
- Create agendas for weekly and biweekly Committee meetings, send reminders and follow up notes
- Attend Board & Ensemble meetings
- Collaborate with Staff to manage the Season Traveller program, ensuring patrons receive their benefits
- Maintain organizational systems & file management, both digitally and in office
Contracts & Management
- Represent SGT at Resident Company meetings for Theater Wit
- Collaborate with Theater Wit Box Office staff around ticket & sales reports, as well as managing comps and discount codes in collaboration with Marketing Director
- Write and manage contracts with independent contractors, artists, actors and designers
- Collaborate with the Artistic Director on ongoing conversations with AEA & other unions.
- Update and maintain the SGT website in collaboration with the Marketing Director, including: general info, building web pages for individual events, updates, etc. The SGT website platform is WordPress using the Enfold theme.
Development & Fundraising
- Collaborate with Staff, Ensemble & Board to organize yearly benefit, The Ghost Light Soiree
- Keep acknowledgement letters up to date, organized, and sent out in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records for all donations, grants and major gifts in collaboration with Bookkeeper, Grant Writer & Artistic Director
CRM / Patron Management
- Maintain accurate Patron records in Salesforce/Patron Manager
- Import ticket sale data from each production
- Running reports & mailing lists as needed
- Create and maintain Event Inventory for Season including productions & ticketing, Season Traveller Program, Soiree, and additional events
- Update and maintain ticket confirmation emails
While the list above describes some of the common tasks that fall into the General Manager role, the primary purpose of the General Manager is to oversee the day to day operations of the theater. This means adjusting systems and collaborating with the Staff, Board & Ensemble to ensure that the processes align with Shattered Globe’s mission.
Approximate Hours: 20 hours per week, with opportunity to grow into a Full Time Position.
Fee for General Manager: $20k per year
Shattered Globe Theatre is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer working towards becoming a more anti-racist and inclusive theatre. Consideration will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, religion, age or ability. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email a cover letter with your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "General Manager Application" in the subject line, or mail to:
Sandy Shinner, Producing Artistic Director
Shattered Globe Theatre
2936 N. Southport Ave suite 214
Chicago, Illinois 60657