General Manager - Fulcrum Point New Music Project
Ensure the smooth operation of all administrative functions of the organization. This is a part-time staff position, with expected hours of 15-20 per week.
Compliance and General
- Maintain Fulcrum Point insurance policies, government filings, and other state and federal requirements for non-for-profit organizations.
- Administer email, phone and post mailbox and forward communication as required; manage all logins and passwords through Dashlane program; maintain Google Drive.
- Assist in the development of an annual fundraising plan, in conjunction with the Board.
- Administer foundation, government and corporate fundraising, in conjunction with the Board. Research and write grant proposals in collaboration with the Artistic Director; track and act on reports and follow-ups from funders.
- Maintain donor database; acknowledge gifts as required.
- Develop an annual budget, in conjunction with the Treasurer or other Board personnel and Artistic Director; track budget and report to the Board on progress.
- In collaboration with Bookkeeper/Accountant, track all income, expenditures, and cash flow. Make and record bank deposits; pay bills and payroll; track and complete all payroll tax deposits and reports; reconcile bank statements.
- Arrange for and assist with completion of the annual audit.
Board Management and Development
- Serve as professional advisor to the Board of Directors; help them identify their roles and responsibilities and recommend appropriate Board policies; implement those policies as adopted.
- Inform the Board fully and accurately about the organization’s activities.
- Assist the board in identifying, recruiting, orienting, training, and evaluating talented, committed, well-connected volunteers to serve on the Board, on committees, and for special projects and other activities.
Marketing / Public Relations
- In conjunction with Marketing Manager, create overall marketing and public relations plan, including strategic planning for audience growth.
- Oversee programming production, whether live or virtual. Tasks include but are not limited to box office and front-of-house, virtual platform hosting, contracts, travel and accommodations for visiting performers, performer payments, and documentation.
- Passion for the mission statement of Fulcrum Point, and a dedication to Chicago’s arts community.
- Significant and proven leadership skills. Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, and administration skills essential.
- Proactive, trustworthy, diplomatic, understanding and innovative with a high energy level.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong presentation skills
- Experience with Quickbooks (for bookkeeping), Excel (for budgeting), and Customer Relationship Management software preferred, but not required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Employment@FulcrumPoint.org.