Become the next editor of GASnews.
Who We Are
The Glass Art Society is an international non-profit membership organization founded in 1971 whose mission is to connect, inspire, and empower all facets of the global glass community. GAS strives to stimulate communication among artists, educators, students, collectors, gallery and museum personnel, art critics, manufacturers, and all others interested in and involved with the production, technology, and aesthetics of glass. We are dedicated to creating greater public awareness and appreciation of the glass arts.
GAS operates a virtual office, and the GASnews Editor is a remote contract position reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Communications Committee.
Position: GASnews Editor
Salary: $1,000/issue (4 issues/year)
Status: Contract (Available Worldwide)
- Work with the Communications Committee and Executive Director to determine themes and overall voice of each issue
- Recruit and manage writers
- Work to develop story and content ideas
- Manage document timelines, deadlines, and ensure articles arrive on-time
- Oversee writer group to help their ideas and stories succeed and to ensure they meet deadlines
- Review all content to ensure it is easy for readers to understand and to correct spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
- Work with staff on the layout of the digital publication
We are looking for someone who is:
- Obsessively organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A “people person” that is excited to be part of the GAS team
- A strong self-starter who is comfortable working independently as well as collaborating and being part of a team
- Flexible in responding to and working with shifting priorities of cyclical projects
- Experienced with visual arts organizations (glass experience is a plus!)
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Proven working experience as an Editor
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and InDesign, Photoshop, or other publishing tools
- Excellent written skills in English
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Prioritizing and multitasking
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Glass Art Society is committed to creating an anti-racist, diverse, inclusive workforce and work environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. GAS strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. Find our Diversity Policy here.