MARIANE IBRAHIM (Gallery)
The Gallery Intern provides administrative support for the whole team and reports to the Director of Communications and Sales Assistant. This role requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask and support various facets of the gallery.
The individual must be extremely organized and driven to holistically support the gallery. The candidate will provide support with administrative tasks, office management, exhibition and event planning. The position is intended to shape the skillset of the candidate, offering an introductory experience in the gallery world.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Presence in the front of the gallery, greeting visitors and giving tours and answering exhibition related questions.
- Organization of office, including materials and upkeep in the space.
- Provides administrative support to curatorial and administrative staff, including exhibition planning, catalogue work, etc.
- Provides assistance to the Director with scheduling, travel arrangements, correspondence, preparation, etc.
- Assists the Communications Department with messaging, mailers and any PR or writing.
- Creation of designs for marketing collateral, website, and institutional proposals.
- Research on institutions, collections and any relevant non-gallery related events/spaces with relevant exhibitions or collections for gallery artists.
- Presence and support for exhibition openings and gallery events.
- Other related duties, to be decided.
- Innate dedication to support and provide a platform and exposure to renowned and emerging artists from the African Diaspora.
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and organizational skills required.
- Experience with basic computer applications including Word, Microsoft/Google Apps and Adobe.
Knowledge and Education:
- BA degree required or sufficient background in art history, art studio, art education, or art administration.