Gallery Attendant (Weekend and Evening)
Weekend and Evening Gallery Attendant (Saturdays and Thursday evenings)
The Renaissance Society seeks a part-time gallery attendant to work 8 hours per week, including every Saturday from noon – 5pm, Thursdays from 5 - 8pm, and additional hours as needed or available.
It is essential that this individual has complete availability for Thursdays and Saturdays during the run of our exhibitions through December 2019. Our specific exhibitions dates are: September 14 – December 1, and December 10 – 15. This position will be up for renewal for the winter and spring exhibition season beginning in January, 2020.
This position is paid at a rate of $15/hour.
Gallery Attendants at the Renaissance Society provide an invaluable service by welcoming all museum visitors, while overseeing the safety of exhibited artwork. In addition, attendants track and record attendance numbers, handle onsite sales of publications and memberships, and assist visitors with any questions about the exhibition or the Renaissance Society.
Gallery Attendant is expected to:
• Be punctual and professional
• Provide a friendly and welcoming environment
• Have excellent communication skills
• Remain alert while visitors are in the galleries
• Enforce gallery rules in a courteous manner
• Assist in collecting information about visitors
• Become knowledgeable about the artists and exhibition on view
• Answer visitor’s questions regarding the galleries/exhibitions
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, August 27, before 5 PM.
About the Renaissance Society