Contemporary art gallery Corbett vs. Dempsey seeks part-time Gallery Assistant to join staff. Assistant will work closely with gallery staff to assist with short and long term projects and support in the daily operation of gallery. The candidate should be comfortable with independent and group work, taking direction from multiple people, answering phones, general email outreach and more. This is an excellent opportunity for someone beginning their career in the contemporary arts; a passion for art galleries and art history is a must.
- Manage short-term and long-term social media strategy
- Assist with the management of artist’s press and CV content
- Website and e-newsletter management
- General office support
- Artwork image management and database support
- Art fair preparation
- General assistance to owners, directors, registrar, and preparator
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Studio Art, Communications, or related field, or in their final year of schooling
- Minimum 2 years experience in professional setting
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with general office management
- Some art handling experience a plus but not mandatory
- Highly organized and comfortable working on long-term projects independently
- Experience with website management, social media, and e-newsletters
This is a part-time, hourly position, 3 days a week with the flexibility to work Saturdays. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 2, 2021.