Front Desk Assistant
Mariane Ibrahim is looking to hire a full-time Front Desk Assistant to provide administrative support for the whole team. This role requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and support the management of a space, day to day. The candidate will provide support with administrative tasks, office management, and front of house duties. The position is intended to shape the skillset of the candidate, offering an introductory experience in the gallery world.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Answering incoming phone calls and general email queries.
- Organization of office, including collateral materials.
- Facilitating the upkeep in the space, and having the gallery ready for visitors on a daily basis.
- Presence in the front of the gallery, greeting visitors and giving tours and answering exhibition related questions.
- Provides administrative support to the galleries publishing house, including shipping books to clients, and managing purchases from the website.
- Sorting mail and filing documents.
- Presence and support for exhibition openings and gallery events on site.
- Assisting with the organization of exhibitions and events where needed.
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and organizational skills required.
- Experience with basic computer applications including Word, Microsoft/Google Apps and Adobe.
Knowledge and Education:
- BA degree or sufficient background in art history, art studio, art education, or art administration preferred but not required.