Freelance Grant Writer
The Harris Theater seeks an experienced grant writer to support the Theater’s institutional giving portfolio through drafting foundation and corporate grant proposals, completing final reports, and supporting the Grants and Evaluation Coordinator on government funding requirements as needed. This is a part-time, freelance position, reporting to the Director of Development.
- Collaborate with the Grants and Evaluation Coordinator on the management of the comprehensive grant proposal and reporting calendar
- Manage the review of foundation general operating and program-specific funding proposals
- Write narrative copy and compile required supplemental materials, including budgets and financial statements, for interim and final reports
- Support the Grants and Evaluation Coordinator on current government funding reporting as needed
- Other special projects as contract allows
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in grant writing
- In-depth familiarity with local, regional, and national foundation and corporate funders, particularly in the performing arts; knowledge of pandemic-related government funding is a plus
- Proven track record of writing successful applications, including smaller grants ($5,000 – $10,000) and larger awards ($500,000 – $1m)
Hours and Compensation
- This is a part-time, freelance position – 15 to 20 hours per week, with the opportunity to increase if mutually desired
- Hybrid onsite/remote work with flexible hours
- Compensation commensurate with experience, beginning at $75/hr
Instructions to Apply
Please submit a cover letter with salary expectations/fee structure, current resume or CV, and 2-3 samples from successful grant applications and/or final reports to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grant Writer” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The Harris Theater is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, veteran, national origin, or disability status or any protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, and local laws. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting email@example.com.
Any new hire of the Harris Theater will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first date of employment. Employee will be required to complete a Harris Theater COVID-19 vaccination disclosure during the initial on-boarding. Medical and religious exemption form made available upon request.