Framer / Woodworker
Verge is a new framing company based in Chicago. We design and build bespoke art frames and installation solutions for collectors, galleries, museums, designers and artists. Our frames are thoughtfully designed and made by hand for our clients, their works of art, and their spaces. We work with prestigious collections and institutions across the country. Verge was created to elevate the art collecting experience.
Verge’s team is growing and we are looking for framers and woodworkers to join our team. You will be asked to fabricate frames, so proven woodworking skills are essential.
Employment Type: Freelance / Contractor
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in frame fabrication
- Experience in fine art framing, finishing, and fitting
- Familiarity with a table saw, miter saw, under pinner and hand tools
- Precision with measurements
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to read, understand and follow work orders
- Maintain a neat and organized workspace
- Good communication skills
- Art installation skills not required but welcomed
Schedule: 2 - 3 days per week to start
Pay: $25-$35 per hour, commensurate with experience
Application Instructions: To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.