As part of our continued development and pursuit of excellence, The Story Theatre seeks a volunteer Financial Coordinator who is passionate about racial and gender justice and believes in the power of theatre to affect social change. They will work as part of the Board of Directors and Financial Caucus to lead The Story’s fundraising and development campaigns, with tasks and strategy that may include:
- Leading donor sourcing and maintaining relationships with prospective and current donors
- Creating and maintaining documents to share with prospective donors
- Guiding and supporting the fundraising efforts of other board members
- Preparing financial documents as part of grant application processes
- Maintaining a CRM database to ensure that each season brings new supporters
- Working with the marketing/social media team to help identify target audiences for donor/fundraising campaign-specific opportunities
- Assisting in annual tax filings at the state and federal level
Our Financial Coordinator will be proactive, and communicate effectively. An understanding of budget creation and execution, experience with financial softwares and platforms, and the ability to envision and execute creative financial strategies are considered valuable assets to our organization.
This position is best suited for someone who cares about: 1) administration of a theatrical institution, 2) racial and gender justice through the arts, and 3) non-profit management and strategy.
Theatre-making knowledge or experience in the creative arts is not necessary, but a belief in the transformative power of the arts will make this work especially rewarding.
Nicknamed "The Story Board," our Board of Directors is made up of a diverse group of leaders, activists, entrepreneurs, scholars, artists, teachers, and founding ensemble members of The Story Theatre.Our mission is threefold: 1) to maintain operations for the executive functioning of the organization; 2) to seek and secure funds to ensure the Governing Ensemble can carry out its mission; 3) to maintain connections and relationships with the community at large; and 4) to ensure the company is acting within its ethical framework at all times.
Incorporated in 2018, The Story Theatre was named the “Best New Theatre Company” by the Chicago Reader in 2020. The Story’s mission to pose questions, rather than supply answers is accomplished through the development and production of world-premiere plays, as well as community engagement events that complement them. Run by a Governing Artistic Ensemble, rather than a single artistic director, The Story is interested in passionate non-hierarchical leadership that will help us become the next big thing in the Chicago theatre scene. We hope you will join us!
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Apply by filling out the Google Form here: https://forms.gle/L1L4ANmTTTyF...