Film Summer Camp Instructors
The Improv Playhouse is seeking Film Camp Counselors/Instructors for Summer 2020! We are offering performing arts camps in the Libertyville and Highland Park area for ages 8-18.We are seeking dynamic, high-energy instructors who are passionate about inspiring students and having fun! This is a paid position, commensurate with experience. Teaching or camp counselor experience is preferred. All camps run Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm.
This is a paid position, commensurate with experience
- SESSION ONE: 6/15-6/26
- SESSION TWO: 6/29 - 7/10
- SESSION THREE: 7/13 -7/24
- SESSION FOUR: 7/27 - 8/7
- SESSION ONE: 6/29 - 7/10
- SESSION TWO: 7/27 - 8/7
Instructors will help student create and learn about the film-making process from pre-production to post-production. The Camp will culminate in a final presentation on the last day of camp.
Skills & Qualifications:
Qualifications must include:
- Be College age or older or High School graduate or equivalent and have completed the IP’s CIT program.
- Film experience: Creating a movie from start to finish (storyboarding, location scouting, screenwriting, shooting, etc…)
- Software experience including: Final Cut Pro, IMovie, iDVD)
- Film Gear is not required but helpful
- Experience working with youth in a camp or classroom setting
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
Applicants should be able to:
- Must participate in staff orientation and training.
- Assist in Transporting Campers to/from our Before and After Care Program
- Address stressful situations with campers and parents.
- Adapt to an extremely active environment and be on feet for most of the day
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Set a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sportsmanship, and dress.
- Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
- Maintain good public relations with campers’ parents.
- Inform the directors of any camper, parent, and / or staff problems.
Please send resume, cover letter, and headshot to Info@improvplayhouse.com or call 847-968-4529. More information about Improv Playhouse available at: www.improvplayhouse.com