Fiddle/Violin Instructors (PT)
Chicago’s Old Town School of Folk Music is the largest community school of the arts in the U.S. and a non-profit organization committed to celebrating American music and global cultures. Founded in 1957, the Old Town School of Folk Music provides a wide range of music, dance, and arts courses to people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Whatever one’s interest, the Old Town School provides broad access to more than 700 accredited weekly class offerings, private lessons, and over 400 concerts and community events per year both in-person and online.
The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks part-time fiddle/violin teachers to teach group classes and private lessons at its Lincoln Park and Lincoln Square locations.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Music Education or Performance preferred
- Minimum two years of teaching experience preferred
- Experience teaching private fiddle/violin lessons preferred
- High level of musicianship and personal responsibility
- Ability to teach beginning through advanced levels required
- Afternoon, evening, and weekend availability is required
- Ability to teach young children through adults
- Candidate with a knowledge of diverse fiddle/violin repertoire preferred
- Multi-instrumentalist and ability to teach online a plus
If interested and qualified, please send resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Old Town School is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Old Town School strives to be an inclusive and equitable organization that is reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This is critical to our success as a community focused organization.