Facility & Operations Manager
FACILITY & OPERATIONS MANAGER
Red Clay Dance Company is excited to request applications for a new Facility & Operations Manager. This role is a full-time, salaried position, responsible for maintaining a safe, welcoming and professional environment for clients, staff and guests of Red Clay Dance Company. Other duties include ensure provision of support services, office management, facility maintenance, custodial services, security and immediate attention to building issues.
The Facility & Operations Manager directly supervises the Front Desk/Reception and custodial contractors. This role is responsible for hiring, firing and evaluation of direct reports.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the facility, including inspections records, building repairs, janitorial and onsite storage.
- Coordinate and implement staff and office moves or changes.
- Maintain inventory of all building assets.
- Maintain the building according in compliance with OSHA Standards.
- Maintain capital budget.
- Manage petty cash ensuring on hand cash is available for small reimbursements or purchases.
- Manage and track company credit card and gift card program.
- Order and inventory all office, cleaning and training supplies, client food and equipment.
- Register staff trainings and coordinate travel and lodging accommodations as requested.
- Assist in fulfilling approved grant items and capital expenditures.
- Support bookkeeper in reconciling monthly company expenditures.
- Manage calendars of conference room and dance studios for staff, partners and outside guests.
- Responsible for maintaining key inventory and security systems.
- Assist in research, implementation, and supervision of vendor contracts related to office management and process vendor billing. Maintain vendor relationships.
- Act as liaison and assist with staff and partners on Information Technology/ computer related issues.
- Maintain telephone system and act as liaison with staff and partners on phone related issues.
- Develop policies and procedures for all office services including security processes, maintenance procedures and guest/client experience.
- Schedules and coordinates conference and education spaces.
- Actively participates in the Red Clay Dance Company leadership team by offering suggestions and ideas in order to take action.
- Participate in local networking and training opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support the Artistic Director/CEO in elevating the experience of the brand through every RCDC touchpoint, both internal and external.
A Bachelor’s degree is required with experience in facility management. Ability to manage a CMMS system. Knowledge of OSHA Standards. Previous supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are a must.
TRAITS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects and identify priorities.
- Exceptional communication, public speaking, active listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Contagious excellence and professionalism.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with a commitment to maintaining Red Clay Dance Company’s unique voice while improving the quality, content and format of all correspondence.
- Ability to manage workflow and plan/coordinate the work of others to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate successfully with stakeholders, patrons, performers, and employees.
- Strong focus on results with an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- Strong sense of personal and professional accountability
The selected candidate should also demonstrate the following competencies:
- TEAMWORK - Work effectively and productively with others to achieve extraordinary results.
- FLEXIBILITY, RESILIENCY, AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY - Agile in responding to change with an ability to analyze, diagnose, and resolve problems.
- SELF-MANAGEMENT, PLANNING & ORGANIZING - Uses logical, systematic, and orderly procedures to create plans, and manages time and priorities for themselves and their team, utilizing effective processes to make decisions, which lead to the achievement of objectives.
Health Benefit Credit
To Apply: Please submit the following documents in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover Letter
• 2 References
All materials submitted will be kept confidential. All submissions will be acknowledged.
Red Clay Dance Company is a Black, female-led, 501(c)(3) tax exempt for-purpose organization that awakens "Glocal" Artivism through creating, performing, and teaching dances of the African Diaspora.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse workforce. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.